Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Televised Poker (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Defending Matusow (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=291975)

MaxPower 07-13-2005 12:25 PM

Re: Defending Matusow

Matasow is jerk, but he knows that he is a jerk, so that makes it OK. He probably is a decent person.

I hope he does well, he can probably use a good break. I'd rather see Ivey or Raymer win, but Matasow is OK and will make for great TV. I'd like to see Kenna James do well, he seems like a OK guy.

The funny thing is all the interviews I heard with him over the course of the series. He kept saying that poker was a scam and that it is impossible for anyone to win. He claimed to have not won a pot the entire series.

DHamilton97 07-13-2005 12:26 PM

I didn't like him at first but after awhile I've started to really like him. He just seems to be a kind of person who says whatever is on his mind without thinking much about it first and I like that. Sometimes he goes over the edge but hey, that's just the way he is. As for the drug charge, the US government sends people to jail for just using drugs, even if their addicted and have no chance of cleaning up. They send people to jail for multiple years for selling it. He got 6 months, shows just how solid there case was, it was a joke to begin with.

pokers 07-13-2005 12:29 PM

i dont hate mike.

Hes a pretty good guy and he plays pretty good as well.

popniklas 07-13-2005 12:42 PM

Just what did he do to Raymer? I have no idea about this and I really want to know. Someone please tell me.

TheCroShow 07-13-2005 03:09 PM

it bothers me when people try to take away from matusow by bringing up his jail time. do you believe he is the only poker player that had issues with drugs in the past? matusow is the only one that has been caught recently that is all.

lozen 07-13-2005 03:28 PM

He did apologize twice I do believe and they did shake hands after.

PokerBob 07-13-2005 03:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
To those of you that hate him, do any of you actually know mike matusow personally?

[/ QUOTE ]

I stopped when I got this far. The answer is obvious, don't you think? Geez.

wickedman 07-13-2005 03:36 PM

Matusow got screwed anyway. Some FBI guy befriended him over a long period of time and he asked Mike for drugs and Mike agreed to get them for him. He wasn't active in that [censored], and while I think it was retarded to say yes he was trying to do the guy a favor out of friendship as wrong as a favor it was. Mikes a cool guy and represents the "common man" he isn't a total class act like other players try to be, which is fine but sometimes you need a wild card.

NYCNative 07-13-2005 03:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He did apologize twice I do believe and they did shake hands after.

[/ QUOTE ]Maybe, but check out the FAQ from Fossilman's website:[ QUOTE ]
I’m told he’s a great guy away from the table. But, I’ve never spent any time with him away from the table. And I’ve never really liked him at the table. Unlike Josh, Mike seems to always be saying something egotistical and aggravating. I first met him during the second Tournament of Champions, when he got moved to my table as we were approaching the bubble. He was on tilt, and proceeded to play every hand during the Omaha hi-lo phase, getting extremely lucky and catching every card he needed. Instead of being grateful for his good fortune, he proceeded to tell the table what a great player he was, and how they had no chance against him since he was no longer taking bad beats. He appeared to completely miss out on the fact that instead of taking bad beats, he was giving them, as he was playing a terrible game and simply getting lucky to catch flops, turns, and rivers. Basically, I don’t like Mike, and don’t yet have any evidence that my opinion is likely to change in the future. He’s smart enough and quick-witted enough to be a likable guy, but I’m not sure he cares enough for that to ever be who he will be.

[...]

When Mike was berating me, it was the end of the level, and we were all about to leave for the 75 minute dinner break. As I always do at such times, I was writing down my chip count. That’s all it was, despite much guesswork otherwise. Of course, the whole incident does say a lot about Mike. It’s one thing to be the type of person who will act like a jerk in order to put the opponent on tilt and try to win his money. However, in this case, Mike was supposedly using his gamesmanship to put me on tilt, but if so, why would he choose to do it just as I was about to get a 75 minute break that would allow me to cool down and get over it? I think this is a great piece of evidence that Mike was not merely engaging in gamesmanship, but was merely displaying his poor attitude and demeanor.

http://www.fossilmanpoker.com/faqs.htm

[/ QUOTE ]

newfant 07-13-2005 03:55 PM

Matusow is one of the more entertaining players to watch. And, unlike that Phil Hellmouth jagoff, he can actually make fun of himself. He's A-OK in my book.