Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Beginners Questions (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Move out or continue to live with parents? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=289862)

chesspain 07-10-2005 09:58 AM

Re: Move out or continue to live with parents?

Grow up.

sirtimo 07-10-2005 12:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm a 31 year old loser. I have been living with my parents for 2 yrs (post divorce) because no woman would think about being with me since I've been playing poker part time for 6 yrs and it's has been my sole source of income for the last 2 yrs 'cause I have no skills beyond those of a pizza delivary driver.
This year I have averaged $25/hr (I suck)
However I am only averaging 20hrs a week because it's so hard getting out of bed before noon.(I suck)
I have about a $15K BR because I'm a cheap bastage who won't even help my poor parents out with rent. I am currently playing 5/10full.
My parents can NOT get hi-speed, and they can NOT get it thru my head to get a damn job. I think if I had an ounce of self respect I would get a life because I could become a productive member of society.

Living on my own would cost:
alot more than I listed but would ease the burden on my poor parents as well as actually give me a remote shot at getting laid by an actual female.

Should I move out and force myself to be a man in the real world of jobs and personal reponsiblity and all that icky hard stuff, Or should I just shoot my self in the head with a shotgun right now, ending my loser existance and freeing the world and my parents from the leech-like drain of resorces I have chosen to be?

Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

iluzion 07-10-2005 12:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm 31yrs old.

[/ QUOTE ]

moving out is +EsexV

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP.

sinfulslick18 07-10-2005 12:25 PM

moving out will most likely get you moving forward and on the right foot. with either more hours in poker and forgetting about your rough past. good luck with any choice you make tho

ginko 07-10-2005 01:19 PM

Dude, is this a joke?

Get into school ASAP so you can get a somewhat decent job(you can get financial aid). Keep playing poker while you move out. Your bankroll is huge, move up in limits or cash out most of that.

You need to move out soon, or you will end up like Mr. Skinner from the Simpsons.

ASAP !!

aargh57 07-10-2005 01:31 PM

I could understand moving back with your parents after a divorce (to each his own) but 2 years seems to be a little long. I'm not going to judge you but I think that moving out would be very good for you. With only 15k in bankroll you would probably have only 10k for emergency/non-poker money. I think you need to get a job if for no other reason than to get insurance. If you're not disciplined enough to play more than 20 hrs/week after 2 years I don't think you can trust yourself to play 30 hrs/week (or more) just because you move out. Perhaps a good plan to have would be to find a job now and move out when your benefits kick in while continuing to play poker in the mean time. If you build up a good slush fund in the future and still want to give it a try then you can always go for it. BTW, don't you have to pay some $$$ to the ex now? How does that work with living off poker?

Bluffoon 07-10-2005 01:46 PM

Step 1 - Get a job. At least part time for steady income and some bennies and to get you out of the house and socializing.

Step 2 - Move out. Obvious

Step 3 - Continue playing your 20hrs per week.

Baulucky 07-10-2005 01:59 PM

Diz' iz the kulest pozt dat aivever' red.

SippinSoma 07-10-2005 02:10 PM

People are being overly harsh on you, but you really need to move out.

arod4276 07-10-2005 02:12 PM

You made the post alot better by responding like a two year old to a seemingly serious question...At least be constructive and call him pathetic.......arod4276