Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Televised Poker (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   The Mouth at again (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=289543)

Offsprung 07-09-2005 04:21 PM

Re: The Mouth at again

Why has no one attempted to argue they said "Fug"?

Stupid approach?

AngusThermopyle 07-09-2005 04:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why has no one attempted to argue they said "Fug"?

Stupid approach?

[/ QUOTE ]

Fugging stupid

52s 07-09-2005 04:57 PM

It's pretty obvious Mike did it on purpose just to set off fireworks. It's 40 minutes at 25/50, how much is he going to realistically lose in blinds in that time. 300? Maybe 375?

It's funny that the f word is bad but that I could've been at the table with Annie Duke yesterday when she pulled her "he checked" stunt, have called her an "angle-shooting c.u.n.t.", and not gotten anything for it.

The rule's bad.

Swede 07-09-2005 05:30 PM

Is this correct?

"He loses a hand, throws his cards into the muck which hit the dealer in the face, then tells the dealer to shut up! Instant 10 minute penalty."

Yes, this is MM we're talking about. I'm starting to think this man is disturbed and in need of help.

source gutshot.com

NYCNative 07-09-2005 05:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is this correct?

"He loses a hand, throws his cards into the muck which hit the dealer in the face, then tells the dealer to shut up! Instant 10 minute penalty."

Yes, this is MM we're talking about. I'm starting to think this man is disturbed and in need of help.

[/ QUOTE ]Except that when it happened and the floor initially gave him a ten minute penalty for that, he was polite and that several people at the table stuck up for him so they actually let him off with a warning.

Manimal 42 07-09-2005 05:58 PM

I dunno.. Blinds at 25/50... he drops the bomb just up to before he would get disqualified....

Prop bet??? ;~)

Swede 07-09-2005 06:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Is this correct?

[/ QUOTE ]Except that when it happened and the floor initially gave him a ten minute penalty for that, he was polite and that several people at the table stuck up for him so they actually let him off with a warning.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then it's fine and life goes on. I've never had the privilege to meet this individual in person but all one hears is negative. Ah well....

MicroBob 07-09-2005 07:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

It's funny that the f word is bad but that I could've been at the table with Annie Duke yesterday when she pulled her "he checked" stunt, have called her an "angle-shooting c.u.n.t.", and not gotten anything for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

If this is true...then if I were Annie I would have called the floor and told them and asked for a penalty (although I don't know if one would have been given).
I think this is equally inappropriate.

i still like the rule in general and believe Mike got exactly what he deserved.

It's not about cleaning it up for TV. It's just a matter of acting like an adult.

There are a lot of spectators, older folks and women who are involved in poker.
There's no point in just dropping f-bombs everywhere.

Yes, it's poker and it's Vegas. But I'm also not allowed to say f'ck at the blackjack table either. And if I were to be sitting there occasionally shouting it out I would be asked to leave because it's bothering and possibly offending the other players.
I'm no puritanical christian or anything...and I cuss all the time. But I believe that dropping the f-bomb in these situations should get SOMETHING.

They obviously made the rule as it is because they don't feel like trying to distinguish EVERY time someone says it whether or not it was AT someone.
If the floor wasn't there then the infractor can just say 'it wasn't AT him...I just mumbled it.' and there are many situations where you just can't be sure if this is how it really happened.
So, for simplicity sake, they just said "Look...these are adults who should be able to control themselves...and we've had these guys dropping f-bombs all over the place during every event in past years. Let's just get rid of it entirely because it's really obnoxious."

I completely agree.

Neurotoxin 07-09-2005 07:25 PM

I wonder if Molly Ringwald was there pleading with him to stop while Anthony Michael Hall tallied the total penalty.

Glenn 07-09-2005 07:47 PM

"sure it's fair. it may not be 'right', but it's fair. any rule that applies to EVERYBODY that doesn't give anybody else an advantage is fair"

This is completely wrong. The rule is not equally enforced. Since 99% of players and 95% of dealers think it's stupid, most of the time it isn't enforced (I heard the f-word about 20 times and the floor was never called). It's enforced when someone lets it slip and someone else doesn't like them and calls the floor, or if it is randomly said in front of one of a select few goody-good dealers. So the rule is not only completely stupid, it's also unfair.