Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Pocket kings and the board pairs (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=287530)

davelin 07-06-2005 05:53 PM

Re: What I did, and what happened next

[ QUOTE ]
Do you think it's okay for BB to 3/bet right behind hero on flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes

atnels 07-06-2005 05:58 PM

I stated that 'if I knew the other two players were calling stations,' implying they were typical .5/1 fish who would be all-about calling two cold. Against weak-tight players who I had seen fold facing two cold, then I probably just call the raise.

bozlax 07-06-2005 06:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
BB showed T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] for the most over played flush draw in history.

[/ QUOTE ]

BB played his hand fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

OOP, betting the 4th flush draw into a preflop raiser with no other draw? And then facing the field with 2 when raised by the preflop raiser? That's not a skoosh overplayed?

MrWookie47 07-06-2005 06:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you don't bet this river, I'll puke for you.

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't want kitten blood AND donkey vomit all over your keyboard, do you?

Edit: Your hand is just far too similar to this one to not cite it.

bozlax 07-06-2005 06:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you don't bet this river, I'll puke for you.

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't want kitten blood AND donkey vomit all over your keyboard, do you?

[/ QUOTE ]

I just sent my kid out on her bike to buy me a new one.

Duerig 07-06-2005 11:45 PM

Re: Pocket kings and the board pairs

I would bet this. BB looks like he is on a flush draw (3 betting the flop and checking the turn). Another possibility is that BB's 2 pair just went to hell when the board paired. If BB has a full house here, I think he would lead out.

Duerig 07-06-2005 11:46 PM

Re: Pocket kings and the board pairs

I grunch late.

davelin 07-07-2005 08:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
BB showed T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] for the most over played flush draw in history.

[/ QUOTE ]

BB played his hand fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

OOP, betting the 4th flush draw into a preflop raiser with no other draw? And then facing the field with 2 when raised by the preflop raiser? That's not a skoosh overplayed?

[/ QUOTE ]

Flush over flush is rare so being aggressive with the T-high flush is perfectly fine. Yes sometimes you'll get 4-flushed by the river but that's rare as well.

Your comments worry me a little, especially the part about betting into the pre-flop raiser. This is a PERFECT opportunity to bet the flush draw because the pre-flop raiser will raise and trap others in-between. Perfect pot-building plan.

Making the field face two cold gives them like 2:16 odds. Most people in the middle aren't folding here.

@bsolute_luck 07-07-2005 08:22 AM

question: is the pot too big for BB to semi-bluff lead out on the turn? would/should we fold if he leads out on the turn?

i guess this might be better HU and it might depend on the players in the middle, but i am just curious.

davelin 07-07-2005 10:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
question: is the pot too big for BB to semi-bluff lead out on the turn? would/should we fold if he leads out on the turn?

i guess this might be better HU and it might depend on the players in the middle, but i am just curious.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't lead this turn against so many, your bet isn't for value nor increasing your chances of winning.

Closing the action if I were Hero, I'd probably just call a single bet on the turn.