Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Multi-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Stars 500k hand disagreement between me and Raptor (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=276396)

SmileyEH 06-20-2005 12:11 AM

Re: Stars 500k hand disagreement between me and Raptor

Use the independant chip model.

-SmileyEH

raptor517 06-20-2005 12:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You're WAYYYYY off. We're a 60/40 FAVORITE against a random hand with KTo. All we need to be to justify a call is a 44/56 DOG. KTo is a no-brainer.

i beg to differ. do you see why? holla

Nope.

[/ QUOTE ]

well, thats pretty clear. i mean, if everyone is saying this is an autocall, then K6s should be a call. im NEVER going to call a push here with a K6s for 9.5x bb. ever. period. do you see why now? holla

SmileyEH 06-20-2005 12:15 AM

llyod is also saying the player should call with Q5o.

-SmileyEH

Lloyd 06-20-2005 12:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Use the independant chip model.

-SmileyEH

[/ QUOTE ]
The independent chip model was designed primarily for sit and gos and only takes into consideration the top 3 money spots. It's not applicable to this situation which is why Adanthar started with ICM but mentioned the change in equity because of that limitation.

raptor517 06-20-2005 12:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]

-SmileyEH

[/ QUOTE ]

might as well call with 23o. thats pretty close right? holla

Lloyd 06-20-2005 12:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]

-SmileyEH

[/ QUOTE ]
Yep, and unless you come up with an alternate way of mathematically computing equity it would be correct to call with all of the hands that I listed. The fact that you won't call with those hands is yet another reason why a guy like Jason will dominate you (and others) in situations like these. Yep, it seems pretty tough to call with Q5 but in reality it's 50/50 versus a random hand. So with the antes it becomes correct to call.

Lloyd 06-20-2005 12:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

-SmileyEH

[/ QUOTE ]

might as well call with 23o. thats pretty close right? holla

[/ QUOTE ]
32o is a 2-1 dog and does not give us the proper odds to call. The problem is that you're making decisions based on your gut when this really gets down to a math decision. But hey, what do I know.

ClaytonN 06-20-2005 12:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The problem is that you're making decisions based on your gut when this really gets down to a math decision. But hey, what do I know.

[/ QUOTE ]

holla

SmileyEH 06-20-2005 12:20 AM

Your calculations underestimate the number of spots hero can move up by folding, but like I said - when I saw the hand it felt wrong for the player to call with KTo. He certainly cannot call with the range you are suggesting.

-SmileyEH

Lloyd 06-20-2005 12:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Quote:

Quote:

You're WAYYYYY off. We're a 60/40 FAVORITE against a random hand with KTo. All we need to be to justify a call is a 44/56 DOG. KTo is a no-brainer.

i beg to differ. do you see why? holla

Nope.

[/ QUOTE ]

well, thats pretty clear. i mean, if everyone is saying this is an autocall, then K6s should be a call. im NEVER going to call a push here with a K6s for 9.5x bb. ever. period. do you see why now? holla

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, because you cloud good judgement with emotion and are afraid that others will look at your call as being maniacal versus a well thought out response to maniacal aggression by the chip leader.