Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   LASIK surgery (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=274833)

groo 06-17-2005 03:24 PM

Re: LASIK surgery

When I say it's not as good, what I mean is more that it is different. Kind of hard to explain, both eyes test at 20/15. When I'm on the golf course I see the blades of grass on the green better than I ever did with glasses, but I can't read road signs from as far away as I could with glasses. I still read them from plenty far away though. And when my left eye isn't dry I read them from just as far away.

Knowing what I know now, I'd do it again, and it's not even close. I can even see why.

sublime 06-20-2005 05:24 PM

my only advice is to make sure you get the absolute best and most reputable dr. no matter how much it costs.

i think i did, and the cost is looking at like 3.5-5k for both eyes. is this reasonable?

AZK 06-20-2005 05:59 PM

my dad paid 3.5k for it. I'm 22 and thinking of getting it done as well assuming I'm a good candidate... just got off university insurance so I don't have any insurance now, need to find out if any providers cover this or not...

sublime 06-20-2005 06:45 PM

as a rule they dont cover it. so its straight cash homie.

Yeti 06-20-2005 07:29 PM

Paul Philips had it and posted a few interesting updates about it in his blog.

Ringo_Mojo 06-20-2005 07:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
my only advice is to make sure you get the absolute best and most reputable dr. no matter how much it costs.

i think i did, and the cost is looking at like 3.5-5k for both eyes. is this reasonable?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats about what i paid, I got all the bells and whistles from the most experienced doctor in town. My vision was like 20/12 imediatly after the surgery, but now its stabilized at a little better then 20/20. Best money I've ever spent.

And like others said, do your homework and don't skimp (Sounds like you're already doing that), your eyesight isn't something to mess around with and try to save a few bucks.

sublime 06-20-2005 07:54 PM

after reading some of the stuff paul and his fans had to say, i suppouse i am gald i am going to see this expensive Dr. apparently he turns down 4/10 peeps that go see him, so hes not some cut happy fcuker.

Kevin 06-20-2005 11:57 PM

Friend of mine had it done 2 weeks ago at TLC (they did Tiger Woods). It was $2300 per eye.

Derek in NYC 06-21-2005 12:09 AM

I had it done in 2001 and have no regrets. Talk to your doctor about the new Wavefront machine (which did not exist when I had my surgery). Also, if you want to hear horror stories, make sure to surf here. At least you'll be fully informed.

Reef 06-21-2005 12:49 AM

my step dad got it last year. Has 20/20 approx. now. No bad side effects.