Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   KJs HU OOP on turn and river (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=271949)

Shillx 06-13-2005 03:14 PM

Re: KJs HU OOP on turn and river

Check and fold. On a more interesting flop (like A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]) you could check and call the river. Hand looks good up to this point though.

Brad

Aaron W. 06-13-2005 03:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
With at most three players in the pot, how often do you expect to get to the showdown?

[/ QUOTE ]

More often than I'd like. And being out of position gives me less control over this.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not very helpful. You don't express how often you would like to get to the showdown, so you didn't even answer the question.

TheMainEvent 06-13-2005 03:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That's not very helpful. You don't express how often you would like to get to the showdown, so you didn't even answer the question.

[/ QUOTE ]

My point was that having a hand with showdown value gives you more options on the river than just check-fold, which seems to be the consensus here.

Aaron W. 06-13-2005 03:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My point was that having a hand with showdown value gives you more options on the river than just check-fold, which seems to be the consensus here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your reasoning for not raising preflop based on that single idea is very narrow-minded.

TheMainEvent 06-13-2005 03:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Your reasoning for not raising preflop based on that single idea is very narrow-minded.

[/ QUOTE ]

A better way to express my reason for not raising is that I don't like to build big pots out of position when I very likely do not have the best hand and I will very often be forced to conceed the hand without that much resistance from my opponent even if I am best.

Entity 06-13-2005 04:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A better way to express my reason for not raising is that I don't like to build big pots out of position when I very likely do not have the best hand and I will very often be forced to conceed the hand without that much resistance from my opponent even if I am best.

[/ QUOTE ]

What about when you're not building a big pot and you do have the best hand?

Rob

Aaron W. 06-13-2005 04:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Again, you're making a very weak point. "Big pot" in this case is 6 SB (when BB comes along, and only 5 SB if he folds), which is not very big (consider that only two more limpers makes this pot 5 SB if you complete your blind). Your claim that you "very likely do not have the best hand" is dubious (you're losing to A-high, a pocket pair, and KQ... and all you have at your very first action is a limper UTG+1). Your description of postflop play is vague and represents a fit-or-fold postflop mentality.

Aaron W. 06-13-2005 05:34 PM

Results

I check-folded, and villain flashed his cards before mucking (at Paradise, you have the option. I don't know if other sites do that).

Paradise Poker 1/2 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (4 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls.

River: (6 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 7 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
UTG+1 has 4c 6c (one pair, aces).
Outcome: UTG+1 wins 7 BB. </font>

Did he outplay me? [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Perhaps, but anyone who limps UTG+1 with that is okay by me. I had my money on him holding a weak ace, QJ, QT, or a medium pocket pair. And I lost.

SCfuji 06-13-2005 05:44 PM

Re: Results

i knew it. i knew you should've check called. knew it all along.

[ QUOTE ]
Did he outplay me?

[/ QUOTE ]

he made a good bet and you made a good fold.

mmbt0ne 06-13-2005 05:49 PM

Re: Results

At least you can bust out your river check-raise next time!!