Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   How much is it possible to make??? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=271759)

DcifrThs 06-14-2005 04:43 PM

Re: How much is it possible to make???

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It is possible to win 3BB/100 at 3060. I believe higher winrates are possible but I have no proof.

[/ QUOTE ]
How many hands have you played?

[/ QUOTE ]

uh, you're picking the wrong person if you're looking to impeach somebody's poker knowledge.

-Barron

Nightwish 06-14-2005 04:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It is possible to win 3BB/100 at 3060. I believe higher winrates are possible but I have no proof.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
uh, you're picking the wrong person if you're looking to impeach somebody's poker knowledge.

[/ QUOTE ]
Relax. My question should be taken at face value.

DcifrThs 06-14-2005 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Relax. My question should be taken at face value.

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry, thought you were tryin to infer something else. danny hasa played a ton of hands.

-Barron

Dazarath 06-14-2005 10:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think the none 15/30, 30/60 people all voted 5+ assuming it wasnt possible, but they sitll wanted to see the results without polluting them. thats what i did.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto. I figured that since the number was so outrageous, I could view the results this way and not screw up the real votes.

theBruiser500 06-14-2005 11:54 PM

the players with the best winrates often make mistakes, and don't play optimally. everyone tilts, good players good winrates includes tilt, and sometimes a lot of it. imo, it's possible to make a huge winrate per hour, more than everyone thinks is possible.

Nigel 06-15-2005 12:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
the players with the best winrates often make mistakes, and don't play optimally. everyone tilts, good players good winrates includes tilt, and sometimes a lot of it. imo, it's possible to make a huge winrate per hour, more than everyone thinks is possible.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think you can obtain a very high winrate in limit with either. Lots of mistakes, or tilt. Both crush what little edge you have in a tough game. The opportunities to gain BB's are just not that plentiful per 100 hands.

It sounds like you are thinking of this more from a NL mentality where I would imagine WR's can fluctuate wildly.

Nigel

James282 06-15-2005 03:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's probably more like the people who have the highest win rates are good players who ran the best. I'm sure this is true among the top players whom I have personal interaction with - and I am sure that my winrate in the Party 15 game was inflated by running incredibly hot. Few people have enough hands to really know what their winrate is, and yet everyone loves to speculate on what is possible. The correct answer is:

Who gives a [censored]!

-James

DavidC 06-15-2005 06:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This will depend on how many tables you can play well at once. If you can make 1.9/100 with one table, you might be able to 3+/100 with 2, etc..

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

big bets per hundred minutes?

welcome to the forums... this won't be your last mistake.

Enjoy it. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

DavidC 06-15-2005 06:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i think the none 15/30, 30/60 people all voted 5+ assuming it wasnt possible, but they sitll wanted to see the results without polluting them. thats what i did.

[/ QUOTE ]

What he said.

-pix

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I'll do next time. Sorry. I voted 2.5 and I really have no idea.

--Dave.

Fortitude 06-15-2005 09:22 AM

100k is still not enough.

After 100k hands you can be 95% confident that your true win rate is within 1 BB of your current 'win rate'. That is, if you are at 2 BB / 100, you could actually be a 3 BB / 100, and you have an equal chance of being a 1 BB / 100 winner. As James pointed out the player's with the highest win rates are the good players who are also running good.

These types of posts are pretty ridiculous as people will rarely be telling the truth and even when they do the amount of hands their win rate is based upon is not nearly enough.

As James said, short answer, who [censored] cares.