Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   5-10 NL Hand at the Wynn (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=268345)

turnipmonster 06-08-2005 10:47 AM

Re: 5-10 NL Hand at the Wynn

sounds like a great game.

chuddo 06-08-2005 10:54 AM

p.s.

this is nothing more than a thinly veiled bad beat story. it is clear the QQ played horribly. your opponent sucked out on you, deal with it. cry elsewhere.

Leptyne 06-08-2005 12:24 PM

Although I voted "fold" I'm probably more in this camp. I would have folded to the raise. When you make the $400 re-raise you have clearly (IMHO) put the BB in the position (considering his stack size) of fold or push. Since you anticipated this when you raised you got exactly what you saw coming and might as well call. If you wanted all your money in the center why not push instead of raising $400?

beeyoung 06-08-2005 12:25 PM

i clicked fold, i must be retarded? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

yvesaint 06-08-2005 12:28 PM

To me, I'm almost certain BB has KK ... the hesitation, the all-in - it seems as if he can't lay his hand down, yet thinks he's up against AA (but desperately hopes it's AK or the random QQ).

Leptyne 06-08-2005 12:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I get paid to make good decisions, not win pots.

[/ QUOTE ]

I love that quote and will try and remember and incorporate that into my play. You can control the decisions, not the cards.

radioheadfan 06-08-2005 01:11 PM

Your initial call of MP's raise to $40 in OK. But it is not to "trap" like you say, when an A or K flops about 35% of the time who exactly did you trap?

When the BB makes it $120 to go, you're clearly getting odds to call and hit your set assuming BB to have at least 100BBs, but yet you opt to reopen the betting and put close to 1/2 your chips in the middle with QQ. Awful.

Call the $120. Default play is to fold any flop without a Q when the BB bets 3/4 pot or full pot.

Given the way you played it, you might as well call with the odds you're getting on your money. You're behind right now most likely, but if you're gonna put 1/2 stack with queens, might as well dance for the whole thing.

Peace out.

Sponger15SB 06-08-2005 02:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, as I had planned, everyone assumed the QQ holder was me. It wasn't. I was the player in the BB, and I had AA, which of course, got cracked.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh, so what the hell was the point of this post?

Daliman 06-08-2005 02:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
p.s.

this is nothing more than a thinly veiled bad beat story. it is clear the QQ played horribly. your opponent sucked out on you, deal with it. cry elsewhere.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh, no, it's not. I was just trying to see if others make this bad a call on the end, and it seems plenty do. It obviously makes for intersting discussion, and this IS a discussion board. Considering your " I would probably say F it and call" response, I'd say you could learn something from it, but it's a pretty odd response from someone who one sentence earlier said youre likely a 4-1 90% or so of the time here. I'm hoping this isn't just yet another axe coming out.

Daliman 06-08-2005 02:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i clicked fold, i must be retarded? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, you must be sane.