Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Books and Publications (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   HOH: Volume II has arrived (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=268055)

Mallick 06-08-2005 03:57 PM

Re: HOH: Volume II has arrived

Ah, I found it now. I guess I just needed to click on the actual item description instead of just looking at my order status.

Thanks.

Sen. VernonTrent 06-08-2005 05:22 PM

And you can take that to the bank.

renodoc 06-08-2005 05:44 PM

I got mine today!!!

Actually, no I didn't. When do I get mine Mason?

BTW, was that you at the Bellagio Saturday afternoon in the black 2+2 shirt???

imported_Chuck Weinstock 06-08-2005 09:49 PM

The pre-orders through ConJelCo were mostly processed for shipment over the weekend. Those orders which are for only HOH II, or for HOH II with other 2+2 titles will have shipped today, tomorrow, or Friday. Those orders which are for HOH II and other non-2+2 titles will ship early next week.

There were, so far, 13 orders which cannot be shipped due to payment issues. If your order fell into this category you have been already notified by e-mail.

Chuck

ononimo 06-08-2005 10:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
BTW, was that you at the Bellagio Saturday afternoon in the black 2+2 shirt???

[/ QUOTE ]

not to speak for Mason, but yeah - that was him. at the risk of seeming like a fanboy, it was really cool to talk to one of the handful of people who is largely responsible for my development as a poker player.

note to mason: I was the light-skinned black guy you spoke with while I was playing 15/30 HE. it was a pleasure to meet you.

rockythecat99 06-08-2005 11:10 PM

When will this book be available at Barnes and Noble? I live right by one and I was wondering when will you ship the book to retail stores. Thanks

zgall1 06-08-2005 11:29 PM

I have never bought HOH - Volume 1 and I was wondering whether I should buy both or just the newest edition? How much of this is like the old book?

Mason Malmuth 06-09-2005 12:23 AM

Hi rocky:

We are shipping to the retail stores immediately. But what this means is that we ship to different warehouses, and from there they go out to the stores. So depending on the store, it could still be a couple of weeks.

best wishes,
Mason

MicroBob 06-09-2005 02:02 AM

they are covering different aspects of tournament strategy.

Without having seen HOH2 and only having read some brief bits of what it will entail (there are some references to it in HOH1 for example) I think I can safely say that they will cover enough different areas that it will be worth it to get both if you are really interested in improving as many facets of your tourney game as possible.

Dr. Moze 06-09-2005 08:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have never bought HOH - Volume 1 and I was wondering whether I should buy both or just the newest edition? How much of this is like the old book?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not a "newest edition" -- the first came out just several months ago!). Rather, as the title sugests, it's a second part of a larger work. HOH I is geared towards full=table tourney play, and HOH II covers shorthanded play incl. heads-up (or so I've read). Buy HOH I only if you'll never make it near the finals of a multitable. You'll need both volumes for SnG's tho.... $^)