Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Absolute putting forth the effort (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=254311)

grimel 05-18-2005 01:11 AM

Re: Absolute putting forth the effort

I had 256 (your notebooks base) and AP was painful. I jumped to 1gig and it's happy (still SLOOOOOOOW). I can 3 table AP, 2 table GamesGrid, sweat 2 on UB, mine 2 more on UB, and mine 4 at Party.

KKbluff 05-18-2005 01:12 AM

I agree with you 100% Bob. Best part is that they have super-nice (non-India call center) customer service that will call you regarding things. I have been called by the vip host to see if there was anything they could do to get me to start playing there again (even though im still lower stakes, it still make me feel valued). Then they called me a few times to make sure that they could help me out as their Purdue rep (including fully sponsoring $300 or more live person freeroll tourneys). Their customer service is none like I've ever seen from an online poker site. I think their customer service gives them a serious competitive advantage over competing poker rooms even though their tables aren’t that amazing.

Zetack 05-18-2005 01:23 AM

The thing that drives me batty about absolute is the when you are on a waiting list for more than one table, and you join a table off of a waitlist it kicks you off all the other tables you are waitlisted on. I can't stand that.

Oh, it also won't let me bring a fraction of a dollar to the table by just typing in (for example) 30.75. I have to highlight just the part behind the decimal, type in 75 then highlight the part in front of the decimal and type in 30. Thats kind of ridiculous, but doesn't bother me as much as being kicked off my waitlists. I mean, c'mon, I wanna play 3 tables don't make me go to the end of the line on the other tables everytime I join one table.

--Zetack

MicroBob 05-18-2005 01:28 AM

I agree that there are aspects of their cust-service that are particularly impressive...especially of late.

But I have had issues with their cust-serv in the past (it may all be fixed by now for all I know...but I've read others report having difficulties getting e-mail responses from them on occasion).

I sent them an e-mail on time just to praise them for all the bonuses and freerolls that they were offering.
I made it pretty obvious that I thought they were on the right track and that I that they should keep up the good work. That was pretty much it.
They responded by saying that they didn't understand my question.

There was a an issue I had with a deposit there that didn't go through. Neteller had timed-out in the middle or something.
I e-mailed them 3 or 4 times and never got a response.
Then e-mailed them again just to ask 'Are you guys getting my e-mails...are you able to respond? can you try me at this address instead because I don't think the responses are going through'
They responded to that VERY quickly at my first address and said 'Is there something we can help you with?' and I responded that my previous 4 e-mails had pretty much detailed my situation.

I also got a phone-call offering a bonus there....why haven't i been playing at absolute...etc etc. This was a few months ago.
I told them that the software was VERY slow on my computer. Support person told me she had never heard anyone have this complaint before.
Anyway...she sent me an e-mail thanking me for my input.
I e-mailed her back and said 'the slowness issues are something that we have discussed many times on the 2+2 forums. if you would like to participate in these discussions we would welcome you at the 2+2 internet forum' or something like that.
I never heard back.

Until today that is (although this e-mail may be completely unrelated...but this occured SEVERAL months ago as I recall) and I was wholly unimpressed that my e-mail to the support person I had talked with went unanswered.

So....while I am very impressed with the phone-calls and e-mails that many of us have gotten as well as some of their other efforts in cust-service of recent there have been some really strange issues regarding their e-mail support there that have left me scratching my head a little bit.

I acknowledge that they are possibly growing faster than their support can handle or that there is some other issue that gets in the way...but I also know that I'm not the only one who has said "I e-mailed support 2 or 3 times about something and never heard back."

Hopefully they are making efforts to correct those problems as they obviously can leave a bad taste in the customer's mouth.
And again, in my case, these issues happened several months ago so may not be issues there anymore.

TXTiger 05-18-2005 01:45 AM

Re: I want to like them but

I signed up there through an affiliate last month. When I didn't get paid on the 15th of this month I emailed my affiliate and was told my account was not linked to him. I've done some reading and apparently this is a common problem. So I emailed customer support and got a reply that said I must have signed up wrong and nothing could be done.

So I played there even when the hand histories were so screwed up they were useless (they are still not perfect). And I played there even though their wait lists do not work properly. I did find a way around the wait list problems though. Thinking that it was a good deal since I was getting rakeback+bonus, then a couple thousand mgr later I find out I'm not getting rakeback. The bonus clears pretty slow there, it's decent but there are many better. Playing 5/10 the rakeback makes a big difference.

I read a thread about making a new account there to get rakeback, but I didn't want to be sneaky about it. I just wanted them to fix it. I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that I signed up properly. It's hard to mess it up.

Zetack 05-18-2005 01:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I sent them an e-mail on time just to praise them for all the bonuses and freerolls that they were offering.
I made it pretty obvious that I thought they were on the right track and that I that they should keep up the good work. That was pretty much it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just saw that they have a freeroll coming up that'll pay for your college tuition for next year. I'm not in college, so too bad for me, but that's a supersweet promotion if you are. Apparently you don't even have to have a real money account to play in the freeroll (but don't quote me on that cause I didn't look at it that closely.) I don't know if they have any limitations, like they won't spring for one of your high tuition ivey type places or anything, but I didn't spot anything like that.

--Zetack

SuitedSixes 05-18-2005 01:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I signed up there through an affiliate last month. When I didn't get paid on the 15th of this month I emailed my affiliate and was told my account was not linked to him. I've done some reading and apparently this is a common problem. So I emailed customer support and got a reply that said I must have signed up wrong and nothing could be done.

[/ QUOTE ]

If they would remedy my similar situation by acknowledging that this is a common problem rather than accusing me of being too stupid to click a link I would dub them my favorite site.

MicroBob 05-18-2005 01:58 AM

This does sound familiar to me.

So you know that this is a fairly common problem there...but AP just keeps you giving you the party-line (no pun) that you must have not done it correctly??

ClaytonN 05-18-2005 02:03 AM

Okay, this correspondance has extremely upped my chances of playing there again.

Absolute: Your software is clunkier and slower than most, if not all, major poker sites. If you could fix this, you could greatly elevate your standing in the industry.

witeknite 05-18-2005 02:22 AM

A few questions for you:

When you say sluggish, is it just the mouse movement or is it all computer activity?

Can you Alt-Tab between progams with a reasonable amount of responsiveness when this is happening?

How many processes do you have running when your computer is sitting idle? (You can get this by hitting Ctrl-Shift-Esc and going to the Processes tab)

WiteKnite
IT Dork