Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Televised Poker (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Johnny Chan = Pwned. (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=247624)

Sponger15SB 05-07-2005 07:00 PM

Re: Johnny Chan = Pwned.

[ QUOTE ]
You'd think with his IQ of 184 he'd know that was a bad move.

[/ QUOTE ]

You would think that with an IQ of 184 he would also know to stop mentioning every five seconds that he has an IQ of 184.

unimproved 05-07-2005 07:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Enough talking, just give me a damn torrent [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hold'me 05-07-2005 08:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, Chan made it 5000 on the hand, indicating the blinds were likely in the 1000-2000 range. They show the pot size as about $39,000 and Chan wins. So, lets look at the hand like this:

Stacks: Chan 30,500; Woods 19,500
Blinds 1000-2000
Chan opens for 5K on the button. Woods moves in. Chan calls.

[/ QUOTE ]
Everyone starts with 20,000 in chips in the round of 64. I believe Chan had $20,500. I'm still dumbfounded by James Woods' all-in re-raise. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

duma 05-08-2005 05:35 AM

i have never seen anyone, besides Hellmuth, who likes to blow their own horn more than James Woods. guy is a self proclaimed genius.

whiskeytown 05-08-2005 07:38 AM

say what you want....

but I think his comeback in the Poker Superstars Invitational was one of the best ever - even when he was beat with a card that made his opponent's hand almost unreadable, he was smart enough to not lose all his chips with the 2nd best hand.

That impressed me.

RB

West 05-08-2005 08:03 AM

Maybe we could ask D.S. for an IQ check on Woods [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Rianna 05-08-2005 08:59 AM

Re: Johnny Chan Dodged a Bullet

Woods does in FACT have that high an IQ. he also played a VERY tough match against yes, one of the World's best.

I not only enjoyed the match, show, but after @ 25 years of playing poker cannot imagine what a head up match against Chan might be like....I thought Woods represented himself very well.

As for the Aj hand, if Chan doesn't admit it WAS a tough call, he's not telling the truth.

Celebrities like Woods IMHO are good for the game, I hope he wins a whole lot of tournaments and more like he and Afleck fall in love with the game as many of us have.

my 2 cents.

nolimitpro2005 05-08-2005 02:46 PM

hands down, absolutely. Chan never ceases to amaze me. lost in the fuss over Gus' slaughtering of that table was Chan's own amazing performance. he was down to like 20k or something right away, and I was kinda disappointed, cuz I thought he was just gonna give up, but nope. fought all the way back. Gus got lucky on that last hand, though. shame, shame.

Smoothcall 05-08-2005 05:19 PM

Really? I think Woods move in is right at that point. I'm dumbfounded by Chan's muck on the flop. One of the worst plays ever!

Smoothcall 05-08-2005 05:27 PM

Sorry, thought you were referring to the Ak Aj hand. Where woods is checked to with 16k in preflop and woods moves in for 10k. Chan folds. Chan should either move in preflop or move in on the flop. Otherwise shouldn't have called another 4k. And he never shoulda raised so much preflop if he was gonna play like a little girl after.