Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Beginners Questions (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   My story (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=245935)

psyduck 05-05-2005 04:14 AM

Re: My story

Been said, but great story. Thanks for taking the time to write it out.

climber 05-05-2005 04:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Holy crap...thats a lot of money and a lot of hands and a lot of skill..gratz.

I think you just inspired me to take a shot at the 15 game with a 300BB BR [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do it! BK's luckbox nature may be contagious. I read this thread then followed a "buddy" from 10/20 6MAX to the 15.

Just ran 67 BB/100 for 61 hands.
/end mini brag

Seriously though thanks for posting this BK--it is inspirational and is great to have my eyes opened to what is possible. I thought 10/20 was big before reading this.

NLSoldier 05-05-2005 04:36 AM

Even though I had heard most of this, its always nice to hear again because your success has been a big motivator for me lately. Talking to you about how many hands your a cranking out and how many dollars you are raking in has really forced me to make an effort to improve my game and log more hours.

goodguy_1 05-05-2005 04:39 AM

What are I most admire about this post is that BK repeated more than a couple times that he was distressed or depressed about his performance/swings over the short-term but he soldiered on continued to play as if it was all part of some master plan. That tells me you have tons of heart which cant really be taught. No high stakes pros that play high and maintain their game at that level are wanting of heart-balls whatever you want to call it. Another thing that's funny is that eventhu you admit to game conditions perhaps getting tougher you are still making a ton of money-I assume this can be due to a combination of working very hard on your game and perhaps running fairly good.I'm surprised you've gone this far so fast.

Nice read very inspiring. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

bernie 05-05-2005 04:46 AM

Great story.

These posts usually make me either want to go out and play, or quit. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Actually, it was pretty inspiring. Even though Im a little burned out on holdem right now it makes me want to go play.

Actual year notations would've made it a little clearer time-framewise. Minor gripe.

I always figured there's usually a good reason to click on a post of yours. This one was no exception.

Congrats on your success.

No double it!!!

Take care, man.

b

bicyclekick 05-05-2005 04:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
first of all, good post.

Now, a day I'd like to remind you of is February 22nd/overnight into the 23rd. IIRC this was your first ever -10k day. At the time while talking to you, I could tell that you were a little bit rattled by it, and you made some comments that showed you even somewhat knew that you were. Thinking back to that to where you are now 2 1/2 months later, where you can easily handle this type of thing shows a major development you've made towards having the ability to be a consistent high limit pro.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah that was by far the worst poker day of my career. Usually I play and if it's going real bad, like I said, I'll take an hour off an play again...well, it went bad, I took some time off, played again, went horrible...and usually I just call it a day at that point. I quit and played again a few hours later and same story...yuck. I should relaly just quit after the second bad session. I've learned my lesson.

Thanks for the kind words.

bicyclekick 05-05-2005 04:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
great post, awesome story. thanks for posting it even if some will flame you for posting exact $ figures. .5/1 in December, 300/600 and a mid/high limit pro a year and a half later, I love it [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think of myself as a 300/600 player. I'd say 50/100-100/200 is a reasonable assesment. I can't quite tell if that's what you were implying or not...I just wanted to clarify.

bicyclekick 05-05-2005 04:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Holy crap...thats a lot of money and a lot of hands and a lot of skill..gratz.

I think you just inspired me to take a shot at the 15 game with a 300BB BR [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do it! BK's luckbox nature may be contagious. I read this thread then followed a "buddy" from 10/20 6MAX to the 15.

Just ran 67 BB/100 for 61 hands.
/end mini brag

Seriously though thanks for posting this BK--it is inspirational and is great to have my eyes opened to what is possible. I thought 10/20 was big before reading this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Glad to hear your session went so well.

10/20 is still big - money wise. Remember you're making $20+ per hour per table...that's big in my book. Might not be big in the poker world...but the poker world is a world of it's own.

bicyclekick 05-05-2005 04:59 AM

Sorry about the timeline issues. I had part of it typed up quite a bit ago and finished it tonight.

Here's the timeline:
Fall 01 - play rinky dink games
summer 03 - play nl cashgames and lose in the summer
fall 03 - play nl cashgames at school and clean up.
oct or nov 03 - play first hand of limit via OIC $.5/$1
mid/late december - play 3 tables of 2/4 on party
january 04 get killed. Work things back out by end of feb.
march 04 deposit on pacific (to clarify, i had gotten things back on track on party at this point).
april 04 play first 15/30 on pac
june 04 play 15/30 party
november 04 play 50/100 and get ass kicked
feb 05 go back to 50/100 etc and do well...

I also noticed a few line errors...happened when I copy/pasted as well as a few minor clarity issues. Writing is so not my thing.

Thanks for the kind words!

bobdibble 05-05-2005 05:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
That's a great story, BK. Congrats on your success.

[ QUOTE ]
Nate tha' Great: played in that juicy 15/30 pacific game back in the day and tought me a good thing or two. I'll never forget when he tought me to call the turn c/r or donkbet and raise the river instead on semi-scary boards.

[/ QUOTE ]
I wonder if you have a link to this discussion or if you can explain the situation in a little more detail?

[/ QUOTE ]