Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   How much do you think you lost playing SNGs before you became a winner (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=243959)

willie 05-02-2005 11:35 AM

Re: How much do you think you lost playing SNGs before you became a winner

around 400 bucks, 50 at a time for buyins.

i needed to learn to tighten up, since then i've been alright.

Misfire 05-02-2005 11:41 AM

Re: How much do you think you lost playing SNGs before you became a wi

I started at the play tables until I could consistently beat those. Then I dropped $25 into UB and started with the $.01/.02 limit tables. I think I lost $3 my first two days, but got it back very quickly. I also got some free money on party and was winning consistently at the $.50/1.00 tables. After about a month I cashed out my initial deposit plus another $25, and still had about $150 left. I've been playing on profits ever since.

As far as SNG's, I rarely played them and usually lost until I started reading here. Since I found 2+2 and started tracking my play, I've been in the black since game 7. I'm not making a ton of money, but more importantly I'm not losing any.

Edit: I've also decided that I will never deposit again. If I'm irresponsible enough (or suck bad enough) to lose every penny I have in BR, I'll play freerolls until I win some back.

reubenf 05-02-2005 11:47 AM

I won money before I became a winning player.

Sam T. 05-02-2005 11:57 AM

Never been in the red.

I started playing .50/$1.00 ring games, but before I even created an account on Party, I read Sklansky and Jones many times, and lurked here until my eye-balls bled.

Built up my bank roll at ring games (50% of profits go to my wife), then made the transition to SnGs, just becasue they are less mechanical. I tried my hand at MTTs, but found them to be too time-consuming, and frustrating. When you can only play a few hours per week, a $25 pay-out after five hours is pretty depressing. So I'm back here for now.

Sam

Pokerscott 05-02-2005 12:58 PM

None.

Won at the 20s right away and moved to 50s and 100s in a week or so. I had a mentor who was a solid winner at the 100s and that helped tremedously.

Pokerscott

Degen 05-02-2005 01:21 PM

not much, maybe a couple hundred at most

but i lost probably 15k playing live limit before i found NL

Andre

Degen 05-02-2005 01:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I started at the play tables until I could consistently beat those

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] Thats so funny. I didn't want to every admit that but now I will. I used to be a massive fish and whenever i'd bust out and not have any money, I'd 3-table (you coudn't four table then) the play money NL SNG's. It didn't take long to realize that i should fold for the first two rounds and then i'd be 4-handed and could play some hands. i learned the basics of how to win for free.

Andre

SuitedSixes 05-02-2005 01:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
umm.. zero dollars? ive always been +ev in sngs. so many terrible people. if you have any sense at all you can beat the 55s. holla

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope that I am still here when you take your first bite of the reality burrito (stuffed with insanity peppers).

The Yugoslavian 05-02-2005 01:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
umm.. zero dollars? ive always been +ev in sngs. so many terrible people. if you have any sense at all you can beat the 55s. holla

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope that I am still here when you take your first bite of the reality burrito (stuffed with insanity peppers).

[/ QUOTE ]

Mmmmm, reality burrito.

Yugoslav
Who rode a heater after first depositing $$ to play online...

Apathy 05-02-2005 01:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yugoslav
Who rode a heater after first depositing $$ to play online...

[/ QUOTE ]

The reverse cashout curse (a.k.a. "The 'silent' deposit bonus") in full effect.