Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   I don't wanna raise... QJs UTG (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=240726)

thejameser 04-27-2005 12:21 PM

Re: I don\'t wanna raise... QJs UTG

[ QUOTE ]
Slight hijack/easy question (I hope): If you can limp with QJs from EP, does that mean you should limp preflop with any suited broadway from any position?

[/ QUOTE ]

IT DEPENDS ON THE GAME MY FRIEND; I WOULD SAY THE LATER THE POSITION, DEPENDING ON OPPONENTS(I PLAY ALMOST ALL LIVE SO IT IS DIFFERENT FROM THE NET) BUT LATER POSITION WITH WEAK OPPONENTS I MAY RAISE JUST TO CHANGE SPEEDS OR IF I FEEL I AM LEGITIMATELY AHEAD. THERE ARE NO ABSOLUTES IN POKER, HOWEVER. SHOULD YOU LIMP EVERY TIME WITH ANY SUITED BROADWAY? DEPENDS ON THE GAME, BUT VARIANCE TO A REASONABLE DEGREE, WILL HELP.

gvibes 04-27-2005 01:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Slight hijack/easy question (I hope): If you can limp with QJs from EP, does that mean you should limp preflop with any suited broadway from any position?

[/ QUOTE ]

IT DEPENDS ON THE GAME MY FRIEND; I WOULD SAY THE LATER THE POSITION, DEPENDING ON OPPONENTS(I PLAY ALMOST ALL LIVE SO IT IS DIFFERENT FROM THE NET) BUT LATER POSITION WITH WEAK OPPONENTS I MAY RAISE JUST TO CHANGE SPEEDS OR IF I FEEL I AM LEGITIMATELY AHEAD. THERE ARE NO ABSOLUTES IN POKER, HOWEVER. SHOULD YOU LIMP EVERY TIME WITH ANY SUITED BROADWAY? DEPENDS ON THE GAME, BUT VARIANCE TO A REASONABLE DEGREE, WILL HELP.

[/ QUOTE ]

WHY ARE YOU SCREAMING AT ME????????!!!!!!!!!111111?!!?!

NickRegino 04-27-2005 01:36 PM

i definately would have check/raised this flop

meep_42 04-27-2005 01:37 PM

Bet the flop.

nh.

-d

J.R. 04-27-2005 01:38 PM

no, but u shoudln't be folding them (generally speaking)

raising is awesome stuff

NickRegino 04-27-2005 01:41 PM

atually wait, i take what i said back, check raising the flop would most likely knock out those other callers in between you and the button. I probablyt would have lead out and maybe got some callers button most likely would have raised raised and you might be able to 3-bet here.

flair1239 04-27-2005 01:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Lead the flop, some of the people in the middle will call, hopefully the PFR will raise. Then you get to 3-bet. I think 3-betting is good there, at least one person should call 2 cold, which makes it about EV neutral, if more than one does, which is very very possible, you're making money. If not, maybe it'll clean up some pair outs (if you're not up against an overpair).

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this.

chesspain 04-27-2005 01:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Lead the flop,...

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this.

[ QUOTE ]
...some of the people in the middle will call, hopefully the PFR will raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

However, I hate any plan where the reasoning includes the word "hopefully."

otnemem 04-27-2005 01:48 PM

I run the ole' stop and go here. I think it's the best way to trap a lot of bets and confuse the [censored] out of people. Lead the flop, get some calls in the middle, and hopefully a raise by the original raiser. Call the raise, as will the rest of the field. I lead the turn as long as it's not an ace or king, hope to trap a few more drawing overs bets. 2-4 on Party you are GUARANTEED to get value from these people calling another bet. If there's a raise from the original raiser, I just call again. Bet out the river heart and you'll probably still get a few calls. This might be flawed logic, but from what I observe in Party 2-4, this is the most efficient way to draw maximum value from call stations.

damaniac 04-27-2005 01:59 PM

So was it just the word choice or the thinking that's a problem? I could have said "probably" or "often". I suppose the times he doesn't raise he has something like AK, in which case he may sometimes check it through against a large field (player dependent I guess), which is really bad for us. So when he doesn't raise, usually we're still happy with our plan because there's a decent chance it gets checked through. When he raises, he usually has an overpair, but we're getting more value by trapping everyone with our flush draw.

So the point is, 2+2 is more fun than studying.