Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   A New Quiz! (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=239868)

AlmightyJay 04-26-2005 01:19 PM

Re: A New Quiz!

Hand 1 - Fold
Hand 2 - Fold
Hand 3 - Call
Hand 4 - Call
Hand 5 - Call
Hand 6 - Fold
Hand 7 - Fold
Hand 8 - I would never raise this UTG

DavidC 04-26-2005 01:52 PM

Taking a shot at this... wish me luck! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

1. Call: CO won't put up a fight, the passives in the blinds could pay you off later and won't raise you now. The button is the major concern here, as you'd prefer to get in here for 1 bet, but there's probably going to be like 20% chance of button calling and 20% chance of raising, so you should be alright.

If opposition was a little weaker or tighter, I may be tempted to raise.

2. Raise: Hopefully the TAG doesn't have a pair, because it's relatively easy to see when he makes his straights / flushes. You've got some players in here who will make a huge pot with you (and lose) if you make top pair. The sooner the TAG drops, the better.

3. Fold.

4. Call: You seem to be suggesting a raise here? I'm not sure. Definitely not a fold though. I'm a little uncomfortable with raising, particularly when the LAG may re-raise you just for fun.

5. Fold: Decent players limping in EP and few limpers = NOT GOOD. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

6. Fold.

7. Call: 5:1 and I'm in there with suited cards. I'm hoping he has AA rather than AKs my suit. This relies entirely on whether or not I think that the MP guy will pay me when I hit the flush. If not, I fold, because pairing is not an option here.

8. I almost never raise, but I should if I'm in a game with a bunch of loose passives, and no one that scares the hell out of me. However, if I call, it's raised in mp, and there's a ton of limpers, I'll re-raise and cap / whatever I can do to make the pot bigger.

(Edit: next time #8 gets it's own thread.)

mmbt0ne 04-26-2005 01:57 PM

Current Tally

As of DavidC's response

Hand 1: 14 folds/3 limps/4 raises

Hand 2: 8 folds/2 limps/11 raises

Hand 3: 3 folds/17 limps/1 raise

Hand 4: 9 folds/11 limps/1 raise

Hand 5: 11 folds/9 limps/1 Not Sure (BOOOOOOOO)

Hand 6: 6 folds/4 limps/11 raises

Hand 7: 17 folds/4 calls

Hand 8: Everything from never raise KJs UTG, to always raise KJs UTG. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

And yeah, hand 8 probably does deserve it's own thread at some point. It's a good one!

DavidC 04-26-2005 02:19 PM

Re: Current Tally

Thanks for the current tally.

This is a good thread, for sure! I look forward to the results. :>)

SteveM 04-26-2005 02:19 PM

1) Fold
2) Raise
3) Limp
4) Fold
5) Fold
6) Limp (usually)
7) Fold
8) Call against good opponents, Raise against bad ones.

Disconnected 04-26-2005 06:01 PM

Hand 1: Limp. Figuring I'll get 2 or 3 others at least, and figure post-flop will be pretty easy to figure out whether to continue.

Hand 2: Limping again, pretty cautious with this hand if the solid player comes in, though.

Hand 3: Limping. Not enough equity to raise, no one who already called will leave.

Hand 4: Fold.

Hand 5: Fold again.

Hand 6: I want one raise in the quiz. I'll take my chance here, try to buy the button, and also push BB out of the hand.

Hand 7: Fold.

Hand 8: I hate this hand, lately. Historically, I have called far more than raised. I think though that if there were solid players behind me, I would start to raise this more, and if the solid players either call or re-raise, be pretty careful. One of my big problems is not recognizing post-flop when I'm dominated/second best (until after the last bet [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] ), so this is the sort of hand I'm playing too tentatively.

Ric 04-26-2005 06:57 PM

1. Fold. If the button were tighter, raise.

2. Raise.

3. Limp.

4. Fold, but I'd limp J9s.

5. Call. I love the one-gappers.

6. Call.

7. Fold.

8. I'd call most of the time. I'd raise if the table's been tight lately. That probably puts it around 75 call/25 raise.

Entity 04-26-2005 07:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
F, L, L, L, F, L, F, L

I never raise KJs UTG.

-d

[/ QUOTE ]

I raise it close to 100% of the time UTG. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

ErrantNight 04-26-2005 07:03 PM

Re: Current Tally

can i just point out that the correct answers involve a helluva lot more raising, and a helluva lot less limping and folding?

Entity 04-26-2005 07:17 PM

1) Depends on my image and how “LA” Button is, but usually I’ll fold this.
2) Raise 75% / fold 25%.
3) Limp. I think raising this is pretty bad.
4) Limp 75% / fold 25%. Depends on how LAG lag can be postflop, and who button is.
5) Limp 80% / fold 20%. Depends on table image and what good player allows me to get away with postflop.
6) Raise 80% / fold 20%. Depends on how often Button will allow me to steal position.
7) Fold. 85s is a call, 84s is close. 83s is a fold.
8) Raise 90-95%, limp 5-10%.