Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   just don't get it (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=233331)

Sobolous 04-15-2005 08:49 PM

Re: just don\'t get it

so again, under the circumstances, he makes that bet not knowing if one opponent has the nut straight and another (or hell 2) have trips, and this isn't an unbelievably bad play?

someguy123 04-15-2005 08:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
so again, under the circumstances, he makes that bet not knowing if one opponent has the nut straight and another (or hell 2) have trips, and this isn't an unbelievably bad play?

[/ QUOTE ]

its incredible bad if you ask me.

SpaceAce 04-15-2005 09:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
thanks. didn't realize i had played the hand face up and he had his trusty odds calculator at his side.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't be such an ass. That poster is just giving you the facts about the "unbelievably bad play" your opponent made; he didn't cause a club to fall on the turn.

SpaceAce

fsuplayer 04-15-2005 10:09 PM

folding the flop will greatly decrease your variance.

it sounds like that is what you're after.

Chaostracize 04-16-2005 01:34 AM

One of your aces is a club.

mgsimpleton 04-16-2005 01:43 AM

i think it's an incredibly bad play since he probably could have gotten some more money in the pot with close to the same folding equity (i.e. everything but a straight). who wants to win 50 bucks with that monster?

Sobolous 04-16-2005 01:59 AM

space, the thing that was annoying about the post was that he acts as if the hand was played face up and he only had one potential caller to attend to. easily could have been 2pr or a set as well, at which point his odds of winning don't look so bright. his best shot was to HOPE someone calls with the nut flush and he gets all his money in with a coinflip.

i appreciate all the input on the hand. im now ready to bury the dead b/c, as coughlin's law clearly states, they stink up the joint.

creedofhubris 04-16-2005 02:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
5-10 NL on UB recently.

having played a while, i and villian are both at about 2k. UTG + 2, i get
9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]10 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]call
villian calls along with button, 5 players to flop:

8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]j [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]q: [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

checks to villian who moves all in for over 2k into a $50 pot! obviously instacall to see him turn over

a [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

he added insult to injury by adding a k to his low [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] on the turn.

i am now simply venting after beginning the post wondering if he had some sort of deep poker insight i wasn't privvy to. i am just amazed by someone who seemed to be saavy making such an unbelievably bad play and getting paid off.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, that's one way to solve the problem of playing a big draw with deep stacks. A bit extreme though.

Popinjay 04-16-2005 03:04 AM

this hand is pretty interesting from the odds standpoint that he was about even with you. what if though villain pushed 2k into $50 and another guy coldcalled infront of you? still an easy call with the nuts? i dont know

Alexthegreat 04-16-2005 03:06 AM

If he considers that he IS a coinflip against the nuts and he figures his implied odds are terrible if his draw comes through on the turn, this push isnt so bad...Think about it...He gets all his money in on a coinflip, and most of the time he won't even be called...

Sorry to say, but it looks like this might be +EV for him...