Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Heads up play (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=232930)

pistol78 04-15-2005 05:52 AM

Re: Heads up play

[ QUOTE ]
I think out of the possible BB hands (and there's a lot), another jack probably isn't a likely scenario. There's the same chance he has another 7 to be honest.

We need to know where we're at so we can focus on extracting the most money. You're looking from the jack angle I understand, but as I pointed out, the jack is such a small possibility, I don't think losing .5BB or even 1-2BB if he does should change my line for this hand.

I'm exploiting the situation to trap him for the most bets on his range of hands, and having me pay the least if he has me.

[/ QUOTE ]

So what you are saying is that If he bets the turn, you raise and he re-raises, you are putting him on a 7 and folding?

cnfuzzd 04-15-2005 05:56 AM

so, what if hero is behind on the flop?

peace

john nickle

ArturiusX 04-15-2005 05:58 AM

If its a heart, we have outs on a 7.

It would also depend on the turn card, suppose its a trey of clubs though, I'd call the 3-bet and call the river. I'm confident though that my play is EV+ because I'll make more money from a larger percentage of hands on the turn.

Also no, I'm not folding anywhere. HUSH would have me banned if I folded that hand [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

pistol78 04-15-2005 06:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If its a heart, we have outs on a 7.

It would also depend on the turn card, suppose its a trey of clubs though, I'd call the 3-bet and call the river. I'm confident though that my play is EV+ because I'll make more money from a larger percentage of hands on the turn.Also no, I'm not folding anywhere. HUSH would have me banned if I folded that hand [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

So in essence, if you are not folding this hand anywhere then raising the turn could possiblly make you pay the maximum.

For the sake of argument, assume he has a 7

1. FLOP: He bets you call, TURN: He bets you raise he reraises you call, RIVER:He bets you call.(assuming you dont improve) total loss to you = 4.5BB

2, FLOP: HE bets you raise, he re-raises you call, TURN Bet/Call RIVER Bet Call Total loss = 3.5BB

3. FLOP: He bets, you raise He calls, TURN: he checks you bet he raises you call RIVER Bet/CALL. TOTAL LOSS 4BB

You are losing more by raising the turn, if you are behind.

cnfuzzd 04-15-2005 06:13 AM

why not a call call bet line, or conversely, calling until checked to, then betting. standard way ahead/ way behind line.

peace

john nickle

jaxUp 04-15-2005 06:14 AM

I think that the biggest problem that you are having in understanding the play in this hand is that you are overestimating the likelihood that he will have a J or a 7 here.

pistol78 04-15-2005 06:18 AM

On the contrary, I am not. What I am saying is that if he has a J and we rasie the flop it is most likely for him to call all the way down with it whereas if we rasie the turn we are saying that we have him and he "might" fold.

Conversly if he has a 7 raising him on the turn will lose us the maximum when he 3bets us and we pay him off. EVen if he has a 7, reraises the flop or checkraises the Turn, we still lose less then getting 3bet on the turn.

pistol78 04-15-2005 06:19 AM

I am sure you can find a raise somewhere here cant you?

cnfuzzd 04-15-2005 06:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I am sure you can find a raise somewhere here cant you?

[/ QUOTE ]

why? you are HU against a virtual unknown who could have any hand. He is representing a hand, or trying to bluff us out of a small pot. We have a very meh redraw if we are behind, and villian is usually drawing awfully thin when we are ahead.

peace

john nickle

thesharpie 04-15-2005 06:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
On the contrary, I am not. What I am saying is that if he has a J and we rasie the flop it is most likely for him to call all the way down with it whereas if we rasie the turn we are saying that we have him and he "might" fold.

Conversly if he has a 7 raising him on the turn will lose us the maximum when he 3bets us and we pay him off. EVen if he has a 7, reraises the flop or checkraises the Turn, we still lose less then getting 3bet on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

What hand do you think BB will play with that has a 7 in it after an early position raise? I wouldn't play any apart from 77. If he hates giving up his blinds he could have a 7, but it's very unlikely.