Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   STEP 5. to push or not to push (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=228821)

The Yugoslavian 04-09-2005 12:37 AM

Re: Fold

Easty's toy has the STEP 5 prize structure listed...I'm pretty sure it works for either the 2 tables or 1 tables....but not positive. So, if it's only good for the 2 table STEP 5s then I guess my #s are all worthless...

Yugoslav

ilya 04-09-2005 12:42 AM

Oh cool. Mebbe I should register my copy.

The Yugoslavian 04-09-2005 12:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Oh cool. Mebbe I should register my copy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe...but I managed to use it to come up with the wrong (as in Dali disagrees, [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] ) answer!

It's also not really all that cheap....I guess I'm Mr. Moneybags [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img].

Yugoslav

ilya 04-09-2005 12:46 AM

It's not the price that's stopping me, it's that it's not convenient enough. If he had a credit card form right on the website I would have registed by now.

The Yugoslavian 04-09-2005 12:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It's not the price that's stopping me, it's that it's not convenient enough. If he had a credit card form right on the website I would have registed by now.

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't have Neteller?! How do you get your rake sent to you!?!?!

Dude, what's goin' on over there?!?!

[img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Yugoslav

ilya 04-09-2005 12:51 AM

I don't have rakeback. I have Neteller but hate using it, it's such a pain.

The Yugoslavian 04-09-2005 12:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't have rakeback. I have Neteller but hate using it, it's such a pain.

[/ QUOTE ]

It'd be less of a pain if you had ## comin' in every month to it from rakeback!

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Yugoslav

ilya 04-09-2005 12:58 AM

True.

curtains 04-09-2005 01:06 AM

Before you just factor in the results of this hand, you need to figure out how often the SB and BB will goto war here. Once you come up with an estimate, then compare your EV now, compared to the EV assuming one of those guys busts or is crippled, and the other one doubles up.

Notice you'll gain quite a lot of EV when one of them busts. To completely ignore this from your calculation is very lazy. Note that if the blinds goto war and one of them busts, your EV from this is +200-220, according to eastbay's program. So it's clear we arent "throwing" away 45 dollars, as this will obviously happen sometimes, although how often is hard to say.

raptor517 04-09-2005 01:20 AM

curtains makes a good point, and brings up another aspect to look at before pushing. IF the blinds go to war, the equity is around 200 dollars, yes. but thats assuming this happens EVERY time, which it wont. assume it occurs HALF the time, at best, then its worth 100, which makes it better than pushing.

through further analysis, it seems that both push and fold are correct plays. go figure. however, NOT pushing, and letting the small stacks kill each other could be worth more, assuming they go to war more than about 20%, which is POSSIBLE, but not guaranteed, making not pushing possibly more correct. possibly. so it appears that i made the correct play by pushing, but MAYBE there could have been a more correct play. maybe. holla