Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Graduating without a plan (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=224996)

manpower 04-03-2005 05:11 PM

Re: Graduating without a plan

Get a bunch of friends together and all go live in an exotic location: I'm graduating in may and in the fall a small group of us are moving to new zealand for a year or so.

jakethebake 04-03-2005 05:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ive got about a 3.2 as a varsity athlete and my major is politics.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Say I want to look into getting a finance job- what do I do and who do I talk to?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nothing like waiting until the last minute and then thinking you'll "look into" something you're not qualified for. Wtf is wrong with people?

FoxwoodsFiend 04-03-2005 06:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Say I want to look into getting a finance job- what do I do and who do I talk to? How about working at a law firm? My parents would disown me if I played poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guarantee you Princeton has a career services office you can go to and ask these questions. There are places you can go to ask these questions, and 2+2 isn't quite as good at getting your foot in the door with a law firm or I-bank as Princeton is.

Patrick del Poker Grande 04-03-2005 08:30 PM

Why is it that there are so many helpless fools in OOT?

pshreck 04-03-2005 08:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ive got about a 3.2 as a varsity athlete and my major is politics.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Say I want to look into getting a finance job- what do I do and who do I talk to?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nothing like waiting until the last minute and then thinking you'll "look into" something you're not qualified for. Wtf is wrong with people?

[/ QUOTE ]

A Princeton grad with any major is more qualified than most finance majors for a finance position, and Im sure he could apply and get one. School name goes a long way.

scrub 04-03-2005 08:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why is it that there are so many helpless fools in OOT?

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you think there's a chance that Dave didn't post this thinking that it was the best way to find a job?

scrub

zaxx19 04-03-2005 08:37 PM

A Princeton grad with any major is more qualified than most finance majors for a finance position...

Bc he knows people who will hire him based on his being friends with their children..../????

In no other way is a VERY MEDIOCRE Ivey league grad with degree in an unrealted field that isnt remotely mathematical qualified to work in finance.

BTW is Princeton is like Harvard a 3.2 is pretty darn low.

The Ivey league is rife with grade inflation these days.

Dead 04-03-2005 10:01 PM

I don't think you could manage even a 1.5 at Harvard/Princeton, from reading your posts, so maybe you should just stop.

edtost 04-03-2005 10:17 PM

getting less than a 2-2.5 or so really requires effort.

scalf 04-03-2005 10:19 PM

Re: Graduating without a plan..

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]..

if ya fail to plan:

you are planning to fail..

gl

[img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]