Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Too aggressive?? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=224496)

JoshuaD 04-02-2005 02:34 AM

Re: Too aggressive??

Looks good to me. I agree with Jason_t on the river though, looks awfully tempting to check-raise.

peachy 04-02-2005 03:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
there's a good chance he's going to raise you if you bet

[/ QUOTE ]
Really?

[/ QUOTE ]

he cold capped the flop, this has gotta be AA, JJ, or maybe AJ. i think both AA and JJ raise here.

[/ QUOTE ]

he had niether

peachy 04-02-2005 03:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Looks good to me. I agree with Jason_t on the river though, looks awfully tempting to check-raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

i would have but he went from very aggressive with bets to a lil passive...i didnt wanna chance it...but that was prolly wrong [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

edtost 04-02-2005 04:46 AM

ni han.

mr magoo 04-02-2005 05:23 AM

I think I would have fold preflop, is that very bad?

jason_t 04-02-2005 05:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think I would have fold preflop, is that very bad?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.

PokerBob 04-02-2005 05:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Preflop: Peach is MP2 with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, Peach calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, BB calls, MP1 calls, Peach calls.

Flop: (10 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, MP1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Peach 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO caps</font>, SB calls, BB folds, Peach calls.

Turn: (12 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Peach bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Peach 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO caps</font>, SB calls, Peach calls.

River: (24 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Peach bets</font>, CO calls, SB calls.

Final Pot: 27 BB

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not nuts about the pf limp, but I'm too tight. the rest is standard.

jason_t 04-02-2005 06:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not nuts about the pf limp, but I'm too tight. the rest is standard.

[/ QUOTE ]

What are your numbers? I thought I was among the tightest here and this is an easy limp for me.

Edit: I see you just posted your 30k numbers. I'll look at those.

Carmine 04-02-2005 06:57 AM

So on the flop you guys definatly feel the pot is big enough that we should start thinning the field rather than worry about keeping players in for when our draw hits. I only ask because it is very possible to lose CO when faced with 3 cold(even though he was the initial raiser) and to a slightly lessor extent the SB when faced with two more.

I almost feel that it can be a situation where CO might fold to a 3-bet or 3-bet himself if we just called the flop raise then allowing us to cap a trapped field espesially when two of our three draws are to the nuts. Is there any reason to thin the field to "clean up some outs". As a Q or T falling is not going to win this for us. The only hand we would like to fold(set) of course will not.

sthief09 04-02-2005 07:11 AM

raise yourself on the river. you have the nuts