Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   I think I colluded and now I'm pissed (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=224115)

MicroBob 04-01-2005 04:14 PM

Re: I think I colluded and now I\'m pissed

[ QUOTE ]

the live player actually has a chance to come back and beat you, even if it's not a good chance.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly.
You would have REALLY been pissed if you let him stay in the tourney and then he won the whole thing.

grimel 04-01-2005 04:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
sure, its not really ethical.. but i woulda done the same thing in a situation like this, i [censored] hate when people sitout like that just so they can finish in the money.

[/ QUOTE ]

SOP is to fold to the BB and play when the person sitting out is in the BB. It doesn't usually take long to eliminate the person sitting out.

SCfuji 04-01-2005 04:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The other big stack told me to fold my SB to his BB to keep him afloat

[/ QUOTE ]

all the more reason to steal his blind.

Derek in NYC 04-01-2005 04:52 PM

A colluder would not fold. A colluder would call and trap other players behind him and the person with aces. Then the aces and kings would reraise each other after the flop.

Shoe 04-01-2005 05:01 PM

You should be trying to knock out the guy that is still playing. You gave him a free chance to come back and finish higher in the money in than you. Take him out. Then let the afk guy finish 3rd, and go for first.

reubenf 04-01-2005 05:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A colluder would not fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Folding is definitely colluding. Trapping is worse colluding, but a folder is a colluder therefore some colluders would fold if anyone would fold.

schwza 04-01-2005 05:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
sure, its not really ethical.. but i woulda done the same thing in a situation like this, i [censored] hate when people sitout like that just so they can finish in the money.

[/ QUOTE ]

SOP is to fold to the BB and play when the person sitting out is in the BB. It doesn't usually take long to eliminate the person sitting out.

[/ QUOTE ]

SOP for suckers maybe.

wayabvpar 04-01-2005 05:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The guy who was gone was extremely shortstacked yet somehow won 2-3 all-ins to stay afloat

[/ QUOTE ]

How does this work? Isn't his hand auto-folded after all his time is used? Or is this just another way that PS is superior to Party?

Zetack 04-01-2005 06:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The guy who was gone was extremely shortstacked yet somehow won 2-3 all-ins to stay afloat

[/ QUOTE ]

How does this work? Isn't his hand auto-folded after all his time is used? Or is this just another way that PS is superior to Party?

[/ QUOTE ]

When his stack gets down to less than the BB and he is in the BB (or less than the small blind and he is in the Sb) he is put all in instead of auto-folded. In other words he's allowed to auto-fold his stack away by sitting out but not allowed to bust out of the tourney that way. I believe party does the same thing.

--Zetack

CrazyN8 04-01-2005 07:39 PM

you should beat yourself.... [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

nah, you didn't do anything bad. As stated, no information about cards was exchanged. Maybe he had aces and wanted you to double him up!?!