Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Favorite poker quotes (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=223164)

hackle 03-31-2005 12:51 PM

Re: Favorite poker quotes

"Like all variations of poker, no-limit hold'em looks like a card game. But it's not, really. No-limit hold'em is actually a game of wagering based on imperfect information that uses cards to construct the situations for wagering." - Harrington/Robertie

"The sucker at the table is usually the guy using the most Rounders quotes." - Unknown

Irieguy 03-31-2005 12:56 PM

"Everybody should gamble every day. Nothing would be worse than to be lucky and not even know it."

Robert "Chip Burner" Turner

Irieguy 03-31-2005 12:58 PM

I learned more about poker from hearing this single quote, than I did from hearing or reading any other phrase:

"I CALL YOU!"

-Hon Le (as he called a $1,000,000 preflop bet with Jack high)

Apathy 03-31-2005 01:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I learned more about poker from hearing this single quote, than I did from hearing or reading any other phrase:

"I CALL YOU!"

-Hon Le (as he called a $1,000,000 preflop bet with Jack high)

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok ill bite...where is this from, and care to elaborate on what you learned from it?

Irieguy 03-31-2005 01:14 PM

It was on TV, of course. And what I learned was Maslow's original hierarchy of needs. You should be able to search for my thread by keywording "+maslow's +hierarchy of +needs" and find the full discussion.

Irieguy

skipperbob 03-31-2005 01:17 PM

The need to call is after food, but before shelter; in my case a close second to alcohol

skipperbob 03-31-2005 01:24 PM

"I've been thrown outa better places than this"...SkipperBob upon getting ejected from the Palace Court at Ceasar's

skipperbob 03-31-2005 01:26 PM

"I've burned-down better places than this" - SkipperBob upon getting ejected from the Mustang Bridge Ranch in Sparks, Nv.

The Yugoslavian 03-31-2005 02:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It was on TV, of course. And what I learned was Maslow's original hierarchy of needs. You should be able to search for my thread by keywording "+maslow's +hierarchy of +needs" and find the full discussion.

Irieguy

[/ QUOTE ]

The thing is, this ends up being funny and insightful. Although I'd wager too many miss the insight...

Instaclassic

I'd also recommend this for Shadows links dealio, but frankly, I already mentioned how I'd kill myself if I did that.....so, I don't recommend this.

Yugoslav

Stretch002 03-31-2005 02:35 PM

"I am an eagle"

"If it weren't for luck I'd win every hand"

-Phil Helmuth

Phil is such a moron sometimes...but it's like trying to pull my attention away from an accident on the freeway...I just have to look!