Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   2/4 Check-up Flopping the Nuts and not even considering FPS lines (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=222695)

Chris Dow 03-30-2005 08:08 AM

Re: 2/4 Check-up Flopping the Nuts and not even considering FPS lines

Oh I agree here einbert, even his broadway draw is ten outs so he's not robbing us blind if we occasionally make that mistake on the turn. Definitely close between betting out the 77 on the flop or folding it, I tend to think with the ace-jack flop a fold is safe enough. Queen Ten I'll be more inclined to bet into him (the play any weak ace philosophy makes me lean this way)

DeeJ 03-30-2005 08:09 AM

I missed it was not raised preflop. Raise preflop.

chief444 03-30-2005 08:48 AM

I raise preflop. You usually have the best hand. You give yourself a much better chance to win with no showdown.

I don't understand the flop check at all. It's pretty contradictory to your title and really serves no purpose.

Chris Dow 03-30-2005 08:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't understand the flop check at all. It's pretty contradictory to your title and really serves no purpose.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you kidding? It completely baffles you? It serves no purpose? Sorry but all I think of when I read your reply is Huh? Huh? Huh? Really?

ErrantNight 03-30-2005 08:54 AM

The preflop decision is marginal. A raise gives you intitiative and a chance to take this down on the flop for a single bet. You don't need to figure out a particular percentage, just know that this is the case. Then adjust based on your reads. If this is a tight limper and a loose big blind and at least one of them is inclined to get to showdown the raise doesn't have as much value.

But even if it's a typical limper and a typical bb raising isn't necessary here.

Just bet the flop.

Chris Dow 03-30-2005 08:57 AM

Well, this should be clear but I'll elaborate... When I don't raise preflop that implies I'm assuming a tight limper. If he's a tight limper he's hit that flop, maybe really hard. If he's hit that flop he would bet if checked to. If he's gonna bet when checked to a cr would work. Now this is where I mention that you guys are adamantly telling me I need to lead the flop. Then I say Huh? The reasons I have to lead the flop are...

ErrantNight 03-30-2005 08:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you kidding? It completely baffles you? It serves no purpose? Sorry but all I think of when I read your reply is Huh? Huh? Huh? Really?

[/ QUOTE ]

What a constructive response.

Why did you post this hand?

Chris Dow 03-30-2005 08:59 AM

It also should have been completely obvious that I mean, these points do not come across to me as even remotely obvious and therefore some serious elaboration would help.

ErrantNight 03-30-2005 09:02 AM

I think you ARE Cinnamon Wind. No one else makes such bad, pointless posts with absolutely no reads. Then defends their play in hindsight by claiming we should look at your play first, and use THAT to determine what your reads were on your opponents, because clearly you played it perfectly.

You're not checking up on anything. You're absolutely convinced you played this the best way possible, even though you know raising preflop and leading this flop will be more popular responses, because they're more generally correct, and will continue to defend your line based on reads you never gave and action that actually took place.

you're such a treasure to have around in the forum.

chief444 03-30-2005 09:02 AM

First, even a tight limper didn't necessarily hit this flop. Second, why on earth would you prefer to check/raise this as opposed to betting out and hopefully being raised by the limper? You may get BB to call one at a time but not two cold.