Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Cell phone text messaging (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=222608)

LALDAAS 03-30-2005 10:35 AM

Re: Cell phone text messaging

Text message is a god send. I am in constant contact with my girl with out actually having to get stuck talking to her for an endless period of time.

GF:Where are you?
LALDAAS:The bar
GF: when will you be home?
LALDAAS:Dunno
GF: ok im going to bed
LALDAAS:Good night.

Now if i had to go out into the fridgid cold to answer a call like this it would have lasted an easy 15 to 20 mins becuase my girl would ramble on and on forever.

This is just one perk!

BWebb 03-30-2005 11:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It's very good for casual convo's with people you don't really want to talk to on the phone, or if you just need to know or let someone know one specific thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is my main use.

[ QUOTE ]

What does whether other people thinking texting is gay or not have to do with your decision to do it anyway? If you find it useful in certain situations, then do it. If you don't, then don't. Who cares what other people think.

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

I was just curious to what others thought. I do it every once in a while, but I was doing it last night and felt sorta stupid. Hence, the post. Don't worry, the OOT viewers aren't going to make me change what I do.

Arnfinn Madsen 03-30-2005 11:16 AM

Wake up and smell the coffee

Implementing new technology into society has never been US's strength (although you make the best products).

In Norway (country of 4,5 million people) 3.618.000.000 of these messages are sent each year (804 pr person in average. It beats e-mail in the sense that you know your recipent will receive it. It beats calling in the way that you don't disturb the receiver. All-in-all the most efficient way to conduct a lot of business.

kerssens 03-30-2005 11:17 AM

I use it all the time, get 500/month on my plan. Its easier and less intrusive, especially when somebody is at work. They can just answer at their leisure.

astroglide 03-30-2005 12:22 PM

Re: Are you guys serious?!?

like 99% of mobile phone owners in the us don't use text messaging. a lot of it has to do with the fact that basic plans don't have a lot of uses of them and people don't want to pay 10 5 cents for it or whatever.

peachy 03-30-2005 02:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I use text messaging all the time and always at least 100 times a month usually more.

[/ QUOTE ]

one month mine reached 1900...i was like do huh

kerssens 03-30-2005 02:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I use text messaging all the time and always at least 100 times a month usually more.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought when I hit 600 it was a lot, guess not.

Boris 03-30-2005 02:33 PM

Re: Are you guys serious?!?

The service providers are laughing all the way to the bank thanks to SMS. Sending a regular old VM is so much cheaper.

KJS 03-30-2005 02:48 PM

Good for sending info, like the address of a party or something.

Good for times when you don't want to actually talk to someone but just pass on info, ie. "be there in 15". Or "playing poker tonight at 11 if interested".

But I hate talking on the phone.

KJS

WC64 03-30-2005 03:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought when I hit 600 it was a lot, guess not.

[/ QUOTE ]

I never count mine because I am with sprint and they are unlimited. I am switiching to Cingular soon though and I am going with the plan that gives you 1000 messages a month.