Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Politics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Typical Liberal Tolerance (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=217243)

AngryCola 03-21-2005 05:36 PM

Re: Typical Liberal Tolerance

[ QUOTE ]
AngryCola- a conservative? [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate to classify myself at all.

I don't agree with either party, but I have a lot more 'conservative' type stances on a lot of issues. One could say that my positions are often more conservative than the Republican's.

But don't get any religious issues mixed in with that. When I say conservative, I'm not using the word as it is so often thrown around these days. I'm using it in its more literal sense.

jaxmike 03-21-2005 05:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What's my position, again? You'll have to tell me since you know so much more about me than I do.

[/ QUOTE ]

you said...
[ QUOTE ]
Even if the facts are right in this case, the above statement is definitely true.

[/ QUOTE ]

that is your position, you, and every other poster, has failed to prove this.

[ QUOTE ]
For your information, what you were quoting was my exceptional sarcasm.

What?

You didn't get it?

That's not surprising.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am sorry, but this doesn't express much sarcasm....
[ QUOTE ]
It's always funny how neo-cons like to lump all people who disagree with them into one group. I suppose that makes it easier for them.

[/ QUOTE ]

It smells of condescendence, but not sarcasm...

[/ QUOTE ]Take a pill and calm down. All I said was that Drudge is not a reliable source. OTHER PEOPLE have already mentioned why, and I'm not going to debate a fool about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

When I posted that it just happened to be your post that I replied to. You, and the other posters, complained about a source which has been very reliable, far more so than any network news station or the WP and NYT. I called you (the collective Drudge haters) and still have yet to been proven wrong that he is reliable.

[ QUOTE ]
You're obviously a bigger idiot than most on here.

[/ QUOTE ]

People fear those who are more intelligent than them, I have learned to accept it.

[qoute]If you can't see why, well... I'm not surprised.
I bet there's a whole lot you don't see.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not the least of which is others proving me wrong.

Il_Mostro 03-21-2005 05:51 PM

Why is this typical? What pattern does it fit into? How is that pattern different between "liberal" and "conservative" publications?

And, what is you definition of a liberal?

AngryCola 03-21-2005 05:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
People fear those who are more intelligent than them, I have learned to accept it.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://img208.exs.cx/img208/9162/gang2dn.jpg

Since I am clearly far more intelligent than you (see all of your posts for details), I don't really think you could handle any discussions we could have in the future.

Feel free to respond to this with another horrible attempt at an insult, but I won't dignify it with a response.

Politics trolls really aren't worth much of my time.
If you want, you can pay me to debate you. Many like you have taken this route, as they realize how valuable my insights truely are.

jaxmike 03-21-2005 06:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Since I am clearly far more intelligent than you (see all of your posts for details),

[/ QUOTE ]

Since I was right, and you were wrong, I am interested to hear exactly how you make this leap in logic.

[ QUOTE ]
I don't really think you could handle any discussions we could have in the future.

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps if you are referring to my patience this would be true.

[ QUOTE ]
Feel free to respond to this with another horrible attempt at an insult, but I won't dignify it with a response.

[/ QUOTE ]

The last bastion of the defeated.

[ QUOTE ]
Politics trolls really aren't worth much of my time.
If you want, you can pay me to debate you. Many like you have taken this route, as they realize how valuable my insights truely are.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would never pay you to debate me. You clearly do not debate. You have backed up nothing with an argument. You are indeed the troll.

EarlCat 03-21-2005 08:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't call it tolerant, but I think it is perfectly reasonable for a business to fire someone for voting for a party that wants to put them out of business.

[/ QUOTE ]

When did the GOP try to put playgirl out of business?

bholdr 03-22-2005 03:42 AM

BZZZZZT! wrong again!

there is a big difference between firing someone for a CHOICE that they have made (such as being a republican or engaging in homosexual sex)) and firing someone because of WHO THEY ARE, or how they identify themelves (such as BEING gay or african american).

you are smart enough to make this distinction.

QuadsOverQuads 03-22-2005 03:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
fine you idiots. how is this for a source??? its [censored] unbelievable how ignorant you libs are when you are proven yet again to be biggoted hypocrites.

[/ QUOTE ]

"You libs"? From what I can see, not even the conservatives here take your bullsh_t seriously anymore.

q/q

QuadsOverQuads 03-22-2005 03:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh my God, jaxmike is really Phil Hellmuth! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

q/q

nicky g 03-22-2005 05:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
fine you idiots. how is this for a source??? its [censored] unbelievable how ignorant you libs are when you are proven yet again to be biggoted hypocrites.

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/050308/nytu139_1.html

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, this source doesn't say anything about her being fired. It's a press release promoting her article about voting for Bush, issued by... Playgirl. Strike 1078 for jax the genius. Also -10 points to everyone else for failing to spot this. A pity you didn't got the whole hog again and point to an article that directly contradicted your entire position like you did on Iraq, but never mind.

If she was fired for having voted Republican that is very wrong IMO. It doesn't prove anything about "liberals" in general however. I'm not sure you have any business complaining about it as you strike me as the sort of free market conservative that believes corporations should be able to fire people for any reason whatsoever (would you have been so upset if she'd been fired for being a member of a union?), but perhaps I'm wrong. I also suspect it may not be the case as so far we have no sources other than Drudge for this, and it seems a little unlikely the magazine would heavily promote the article, and then fire her for having written it.