Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Multi-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   My WSOP satelitte theory (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=212345)

SteveL91 03-14-2005 11:47 PM

Re: My WSOP satelitte theory

The big thing I think you're ignoring is that you can play the satellites for no cash outlay at certain sites. I don't really play tournaments ( though, I'm going to start giving them more thought) and I don't play much NL. But, pokerstars offers a lot of satellites where the buy-in is strictly paid using frequently player points. Since I'm not doing anything else with them, I may as well use them on the satellites.

ryachris 03-14-2005 11:53 PM

You have to consider that your opponents are much more likely to sit on a 2-3x Ave stack in a Sat than in a real tournament. making it easier to accumulate if you steal blinds etc.

sloth469 03-15-2005 12:22 AM

Which online sats does this happen in? Not my experience in the stars turbos at all.

yecul 03-15-2005 12:48 AM

Well how about this one... I'm relatively new to everything and tried out a $5.5 rebuy tourney and placed to get a $160 seat at the double S&G on P*. I unregistered b/c the start was later than I wanted.

Should I go ahead and enter for the chance at the WSOP seat or skip it and use the tourney dollars for regular MTTs and the like? Seems like the latter would be certainly be a sound idea, but the former would be more for fun I guess..

Edit -- It should be noted that my newbieness means that I'm not entirely sure if this is even possible...

TripleQ 03-15-2005 09:20 AM

The money you win in WSOP sats ($W) can only be used towards WSOP tourneys (or WPT, or other special events), not regular ones. For normal tourneys (SNG, MTT) you need $T.

Bernas 03-15-2005 10:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
heh, what would you rather win, satellites or cash tourneys? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

The cash tourney that I won my way into via the satellite. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

yecul 03-15-2005 10:45 AM

Well, there you go, guess I'll be going for the WSOP seat after all. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

jg22 03-15-2005 11:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You have to consider that your opponents are much more likely to sit on a 2-3x Ave stack in a Sat than in a real tournament. making it easier to accumulate if you steal blinds etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats a good point, but what I find more often in the sats is that they are much more willing to pay off my big hands, while it seems harder to get paid off in the money tournaments.