Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   suited ace in middle position (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=204805)

belloc 03-01-2005 10:42 AM

Re: suited ace in middle position

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
you might consider a turn bet after two checks here. Your hand looks better with that undercard, and a bet might get a hand like QT to fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is very player dependent.

[/ QUOTE ]

True dat. "You might consider..."

Fat Nicky 03-01-2005 10:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
you might consider a turn bet after two checks here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think betting the turn kind of kills some of the value of raising on the flop by passing up the chance on a free card.

chief444 03-01-2005 11:13 AM

Yeah, the only reason I didn't mind the flop raise here was because it got the free card.

lmbree 03-01-2005 11:29 AM

I think the line is pretty good. He got a free card, that didn't help. I would bet this river after the turn was checked through against 2 players. Is that a mistake?

Fat Nicky 03-01-2005 11:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would bet this river after the turn was checked through against 2 players. Is that a mistake?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see much value in a bet here, you're better off taking a free showdown.

QTip 03-01-2005 11:33 AM

I'm interested in thoughts on that as well. I think I'm just checking through, though. Worse hands are folding and better hands are probably calling...not much value in betting I don't think.

lmbree 03-01-2005 11:41 AM

You are right. I don't think there is value in betting the river, but I am sure I would do it. Now I need to ask myself, why? I think I'm allergic to checking down 2 streets when I have the button (a leak I'm sure).

QTip 03-01-2005 11:42 AM

I used to be the same way...I think I'm starting to develop more discretion, especially valuable on these larger streets.

Fat Nicky 03-01-2005 11:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think I'm allergic to checking down 2 streets when I have the button (a leak I'm sure).

[/ QUOTE ]

There is nothing to be ashamed of in checked down 2nd to bottom pair 2 streets in a row. Be grateful you got to showdown for free.

chief444 03-01-2005 11:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would bet this river after the turn was checked through against 2 players. Is that a mistake?

[/ QUOTE ]
It would make me wish I bet the turn, but not make me bet the river. I don't think you're ahead 50% of the time you get called.