Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   JJ fold (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=193283)

PokerBob 02-10-2005 02:49 PM

Re: JJ fold

[ QUOTE ]
Cappping jacks pf seems ultra-reasonable if you are willing to make these kind of laydowns.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bingo

Tosh 02-10-2005 03:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What was your reasoning behing capping it PF?

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you serious?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you're overly harsh here. While it is probably better to cap preflop I doubt there's much in it. I can't exactly see UTG+1 3 betting with 99.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can.

scrub

[/ QUOTE ]

He'd be making a very dubious play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Furthermore "he'd be making a very dubious play" is pretty poor justification for why someone can't have a hand, even if their numbers do look approximately good.

scrub

[/ QUOTE ]

My wording was wrong. I can easily see players having 99 there, but not often a good player as I believed that to be the assumption. I don't care much for this area of the post, I am more bothered about the tone of CDC's initial reponse.

Michael Davis 02-10-2005 03:08 PM

I don't think threebetting with 99 here is a dubious play [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] It's the worst hand I'd raise though, so if that counts as dubious...

-Michael

crunchy1 02-10-2005 03:15 PM

FYI - I have no hard feelings.... onto the hand....

The reason I posted the question about capping in the first place was only because you released so quick on the flop. As I posted above (and per your post) we're both putting UTG on the same range of hands. It's MP that you're worried about after the flop.

However, with no real read on MP due the the lack of PF agression why don't you try to push out UTG on the flop with another cap and see where it goes from there? IMO the range of hands for MP1 is fairly large here (especially if MP is putting YOU and UTG on big cards). Do you think he'd 3-bet the flop with TT/88/77? I'm not trying to be arguementative - just inquisitive.....

brettbrettr 02-10-2005 03:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yes, but does that give reason to act like an ass to a new poster looking to learn?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well said (written?).

[/ QUOTE ]

Put, well put.

IUPlaya 02-10-2005 03:20 PM

I think you played inconsistantly. Before the flop, you cap, thinking your hand is best. You get a perfect flop for you (besides a set) and then you fold. Either fold preflop (which I think is best) or play past the flop when you have an over pair.

Michael Davis 02-10-2005 03:21 PM

The reason he can fold here is because of the preflop cap.

-Michael

Chris Daddy Cool 02-10-2005 03:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, but does that give reason to act like an ass to a new poster looking to learn?

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry tosh, i never meant to sound pompous, its just that the thought of not capping seemed incredilous to me that was my first reaction. didn't mean no harm. my appologies.

scrub 02-10-2005 03:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think threebetting with 99 here is a dubious play [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] It's the worst hand I'd raise though, so if that counts as dubious...

-Michael

[/ QUOTE ]

If I knew it was FishDaddy, I'd probably let him get on with his bad self at many tables. If I saw an UTG raiser with FishDaddy's stats, I would probably 3-bet, but his stats are deceptive since he raises so much in position.

scrub

scrub 02-10-2005 03:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The reason he can fold here is because of the preflop cap.

-Michael

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a big reason for capping that I almost mentioned in my first post.

scrub