Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Pokerhost Stole $11,000 from me (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=192837)

sonoftow 02-09-2005 05:26 PM

Re: Pokerhost Stole $11,000 from me

This seems like even though you obviously know the difference between using the allowed method of transferring money and "chip dumping" you are just too pissed to acknowledge that you did it wrong.

Therefore you are calling Pokerhost's actions stealing. That doesn't quite fit the scenario.

I noticed later that you did acknowledge your mistake in your letter to them though. So it seems like your big problem is convincing them to give you a second chance. Good luck with that. I think you are right to believe that you should be able to plead the case with any reasonable site host. The letter should have been sufficient. It's a shame that they aren't responding and therefore I'll be taking your lesson to heart and follow the rules. The risks are a little too great to try to get around them.

tripledouble 02-09-2005 05:27 PM

bingo skoal..that's the point..i wasn't. it was hu..there was no 3 or 4 way action where two people get together and raise the pot getting the other guy to fold then 'dumping' the hand (also known as team play)

it wasn't a tournament where two players seek to double up their checks onto one person's account in order to advance further in the tournament 'chip dumping'

it was hu NL one on one absolutely zero third parties involved.

mdouglass 02-09-2005 05:32 PM

aren't chip-dumping rules there to stop people from dumping chips in tournies?
I don't see how they can consider this chip dumping since this was heads up and no one was hurt or cheated at all.
Also, from what i've heard, if you chipdump on party at a headsup table to get around max transfers, they freeze your acct but you can get the money back.

goodguy_1 02-09-2005 05:33 PM

is you screen-name "Fred Funk" on ACR ??sounds like it

Sephus 02-09-2005 05:41 PM

are you slow? hasn't it been explained why the site prohibits this?

skoal2k4 02-09-2005 05:42 PM

No... explain

Kolderson 02-09-2005 05:42 PM

hope this site explodes then I die/explode then universe implodes

Pokeraddict 02-09-2005 05:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
is you screen-name "Fred Funk" on ACR ??sounds like it

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO He has been missing for a long time hasnt he?

CountDuckula 02-09-2005 05:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
aren't chip-dumping rules there to stop people from dumping chips in tournies?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I think they're in place to prevent the use of the site for money-laundering or credit card fraud. If someone steals a credit card number and manages to deposit into a site with it, and then dumps the chips to someone else who then cashes out, the site is left holding the bag when the card is reported stolen. And, of course, if drug dealers or terrorists use the site for money-laundering, the US may threaten military action if the country in which the site is located doesn't put a stop to them.

-Mike

skoal2k4 02-09-2005 05:55 PM

why allow money transfers on the site then?