Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   And Now For Something Completely Different (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=192621)

andyfox 02-09-2005 01:20 PM

Re: And Now For Something Completely Different

Might have 3-bet pre-flop, probably would have bet the flop. But certainly not impossible.

I said it was "completely different," not necessiarily completely good. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

andyfox 02-09-2005 01:23 PM

No, it was Commerce. As I said somehwere else in this thread, yes, I usually bet the flop and check the turn with quads.

I'm leaving for Vegas on Saturday.

Regards,
Andy

Tommy Angelo 02-09-2005 03:51 PM

"Small blind mucks ... Big blind now mucks."

Those bad players, shame on them, when they just play their own cards like that. Those bad players, they are so lucky when playing bad is good.

"I raise ... All fold behind me"

How "late" can a position be if "all" fold behind you? Doesn't sound very late to me.

Tommy

bobbyi 02-09-2005 10:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"I raise ... All fold behind me"

How "late" can a position be if "all" fold behind you? Doesn't sound very late to me.

[/ QUOTE ]
I didn't say it, but when I read this, it did hit on one of my pet peeves which is exactly that. "Late position" means the cutoff or the button. So what's the point of ever saying that you are in late position, or that someone in late position calls, or whatever? Why not just explicitly say "cutoff" or "button"? It doesn't take any more space and the difference between the two positions is large enough not to lump them together. We even have a two-letter abbreviation for one of them (CO). (If I had my way, we would all be using BN for the other rather than writing out "button" and abbreviating every other position at the table, but I'm not in charge here). The only reason I can imagine is that people might sometimes forget the exact position, but I find it hard to get that concept through my head because even though I sometimes forget insignificant details like what card came on the turn or whether someone folded on the flop or the turn(that's why I immediately write hands down in my notebook so I can post them), I can't imagine not knowing whether I was the cutoff or the button, or thinking of myself as being in this nebulous "late position" everyone talks about.

MMMMMM 02-10-2005 12:21 AM

Consider betting after they folded so won't have to show because the bet was uncalled?

andyfox 02-10-2005 12:28 AM

You read too good.

All was two. I consider the hijack, cut-off, and button late positions.

andyfox 02-10-2005 12:29 AM

Wasn't anybody at the table who would have asked. Might have been an advantage to show anyway, maybe.

andyfox 02-10-2005 12:30 AM

Mea culpa.

Tommy Angelo 02-10-2005 12:35 AM

"'Late position' means the cutoff or the button."

Agreed.

"Why not just explicitly say 'cutoff' or 'button'?"

We should.

"It doesn't take any more space and the difference between the two positions is large enough not to lump them together."

Agreed.

"We even have a two-letter abbreviation for one of them (CO). (If I had my way, we would all be using BN for the other rather than writing out "button" and abbreviating every other position at the table, but I'm not in charge here)."

I like the BN thing. Here's my version:

SB, BB, BN, CO, HJ, EP. EP is for 'early position,' which is what I call all seats other than SB, BB, BN, CO, HJ (hijack). There is no middle position in how I see the table.

"even though I sometimes forget insignificant details like what card came on the turn or whether someone folded on the flop or the turn(that's why I immediately write hands down in my notebook so I can post them), I can't imagine not knowing whether I was the cutoff or the button, or thinking of myself as being in this nebulous "late position" everyone talks about."

Same. Every word.

Tommy

andyfox 02-10-2005 12:43 AM

Mea culpa. MEA CULPA.