Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Televised Poker (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Hellmuth (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=185198)

Wake up CALL 01-28-2005 06:07 PM

Re: Hellmuth

[ QUOTE ]
most pros argue he is among the greatest tournament players of all time, if not the greatest.
hellmuth fanboi #1

[/ QUOTE ]

I can only think of one Pro player who would agree with the above statement, that of course would be Helmuth. Every pro I've ever spoken to thinks Helmuth is dead money.

Asufiji2004 01-28-2005 06:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
most pros argue he is among the greatest tournament players of all time, if not the greatest.
hellmuth fanboi #1

[/ QUOTE ]

I can only think of one Pro player who would agree with the above statement, that of course would be Helmuth. Every pro I've ever spoken to thinks Helmuth is dead money.

[/ QUOTE ]

So #2 all time WSOP earnings (only cause 5 mill went to winner last year), tied for 1st all time WSOP bracelets and second all time WSOP cashes in the most prestigious month of poker for any pro. So wait he's dead money?

Stew 01-28-2005 07:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
hellmuth fanboi #1

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How many "pros" have you spoken with? One and let me guess it was Paul Phillips?

niwotyalpi 01-28-2005 07:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Go head and enlighten us on which pros you have talked to and what they have said. Otherwise don't go poppin off about talkin to "all" the pros.

Greenthumb 01-28-2005 07:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
hellmuth fanboi #1

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
wow. i mean,wow. now i know why i never come to this forum.

goldseraph 01-28-2005 07:37 PM

TJ Cloutier says in Championship NL and PL several times that he highly regards Phil's play and that he is among the best players in the world. I don't understand why people would think he is not a great player... wackos IMO

mojorisin24 01-28-2005 07:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Who overrates Moneymaker? It seems to me that everyone thinks he's a fat fish. I think he's decent though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. Moneymaker always gets dissed on these forums, but I think that he is actually a pretty decent player. Sure, he got lucky, yada yada yada, but he's better than most of the posters on here who rip him incessantly.

cwsiggy 01-28-2005 11:32 PM

I have heard he is rather bad in cash games. His tourney results speaks for itself.

Daliman 01-29-2005 12:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
hellmuth fanboi #1

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You need to speak to some smarter pros then.

Stew 01-29-2005 12:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have heard he is rather bad in cash games. His tourney results speaks for itself.

[/ QUOTE ]

They do? And what exactly do they say?