Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Brick and Mortar (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   New No Tolerance Policy at Commerce (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=184667)

HDPM 01-27-2005 01:42 PM

Re: New No Tolerance Policy at Commerce

See, lawyers to the rescue yet again. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

peachy 01-27-2005 01:56 PM

lol injury from a card?!?!? people who press lawsuits on "card damages" and "emotional stress" need to be shot

spadeclub99 01-27-2005 01:57 PM

Commerce would also be liable for injuries to customers by other players in many instances, especially if the culprit has been violent and threatening before and has been allowed to play at Commerce.

sternroolz 01-27-2005 02:49 PM

Many of you commenting seem to have no appreciation at all for how truly bad the dealer abuse at Commerce is. I note that many players are absolutely stunned at how many poker tables Commerce has when they see it for the first time, even though the exact number has been posted here before. I guess this is the same situation....you have to actually experience it before you will believe it.

The players can be absolutely horrible. There is an older Latino guy that plays $9-18 who is a complete jackass. He wears mirrored sunglasses and has short grey hair that is sort of spiked. He must be at least in his 60's. He constantly cusses at dealers and throws cards when he loses. He is the worst winner in the world as well and will taunt other players when he wins. It is miserable playing with him, and the only reason I don't change tables is the guy bluffs every other pot and has a tell on par with the Oreo cookie tell from Rounders. And this guy is not anywhere close to the worst.

shant 01-27-2005 02:52 PM

That's the guy I was talking about who I said was near 60 and tried to fight another guy on his time-out.

He's a jackass but he's a nice donator.

Randy_Refeld 01-27-2005 02:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lol injury from a card

[/ QUOTE ]

I was once cut on my face from a thrown card.

Randy Refeld

Rick Nebiolo 01-27-2005 03:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lol injury from a card?!?!? people who press lawsuits on "card damages" and "emotional stress" need to be shot

[/ QUOTE ]

I know of a dealer who had cornea damage and partial loss of vision due to a card thrown at her eye.

~ Rick

Rick Nebiolo 01-27-2005 03:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't they have the same policy at the Bike?

[/ QUOTE ]

"No Abuse" means the Bike is doing a far better job then they used to but of course there is still some abuse that slips through. We still have a 20 minute penalty for a first offense, and of course during the 20 minute penalty the player must leave the table.

That said, when Commerce had the 20 minute penalty did they use it appropriately? And now that they have a much harsher penalty, will they be willing to use it?

Regards,

Rick

bigfishead 01-27-2005 05:51 PM

Well the more shlt they continue to allow, it's only a matter of time till some big ass buffed out dealer gets hit in in the face with cards, turns the table over on the culprit injuring others and beats the holy shlt out of the player....then calls "floor"!

I aint big, I aint buffed, but I would injure the bastard.

Commerce is way way way overdue on a policy like this. Once they have used this policy for an extended period, good dealers will be willing to go to work there again.

snakehead 01-27-2005 07:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I know of a dealer who had cornea damage and partial loss of vision due to a card thrown at her eye.

[/ QUOTE ]

that never would have happened if my suggestion for dealer attire had been implemented.