Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Will Bill Cowher be fired?? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=182635)

Oski 01-24-2005 07:15 PM

Re: Will Bill Cowher be fired??

[ QUOTE ]
I hope to god they do fire him. Then perhaps the Saints will have a shot at him. In fact I bet if he were fired he'd be out of a job for about the time it takes for the electrons announcing his firing to be received in at least 10 NFL cities.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not quite so fast. A potential suitor has to first interview minority candidates.

BadBoyBenny 01-24-2005 09:13 PM

He said you can't throw 3 picks in a big game like that. I think Ben and the rest of the world agrees.

BadBoyBenny 01-24-2005 09:21 PM

You should have been listening to Pittsburgh Sports Radio today. Over half the callers wanted him fired. Not one person put any of the blame on Lebeau whose #1 defense tanked horribly. Or Wisenhunt and the predictable run-run-pass calling the first half. No opening with a reverse for the Steelers.

Sort of like everyone in the world calling Belichek the genius and not acknowledging that Weis and Crennel write the game plans.

My opinion, Buress and the Bus will be gone next year. Willie Williams may retire. We may try and deal Kendall Simmons or Kedrick Vincent to clear up cap space, if we don't need the space then both will stay. Everyone else stays (coaches and players), Hines gets a raise.

mostsmooth 01-24-2005 09:56 PM

these emails appear fishy to me. especially seeing that one is from "chuck" xxxx, and the next is from xxxx k"noll". add that to theyre all spaced the same and use the same format and pretty good grammar and such. and who uses their full name at the bottom of an email, let alone all of them. but who knows

CptMisery 01-24-2005 11:18 PM

Thanks Rick. The entire time I was scrolling through this thread I was thinking exactly what you wrote.

As a Steeler fan, losing the championship game (again!) is always tough, but Cowher has the job until he wants to quit. Cleveland would scoop him up in a minute if he was fired and then we'd have to deal with him twice a year.

Toro 01-25-2005 11:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Sort of like everyone in the world calling Belichek the genius and not acknowledging that Weis and Crennel write the game plans.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh shiit! Enjoy it while we can Pats fans. With Romeo likely going to Cleveland and Weiss off to ND, the Patriots are screwed next year!

ddollevoet 01-25-2005 12:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Cowher will never be fired, he will only leave the team when...(in order of likelyhood)

a) He retires
b) Hell freezes over
c) He smiles (the perma-scowl is a required part of his contract)

J

[/ QUOTE ]

Never say never.

Cowher has led the Steelers to 5 AFC Championship games during he tenure. If he continues this trend, he'll likely stay there as long as he wants. If he puts a few losing seasons back to back, his job may be in jeopardy. (Remember that even Don Shula was forced out of Miami.)

On a different note, anyone who says that he is a bad coach is being absurd. One thing matters in coaching: winning. Cowher is 130-77-1 since going to Pittsburgh.

pokeraz 01-25-2005 01:10 PM

Very funny.

Tyler Durden 01-25-2005 06:34 PM

Yea, that was funny.

Rick Diesel 01-25-2005 06:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I hope to god they do fire him. Then perhaps the Saints will have a shot at him. In fact I bet if he were fired he'd be out of a job for about the time it takes for the electrons announcing his firing to be received in at least 10 NFL cities.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not quite so fast. A potential suitor has to first interview minority candidates.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, and according to the story on ESPN.com page 2, Snoop Dogg is first in line. I would post a link, but i don't know how to do that, so you have to go to espn.com and find the article yourself.