Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Did you Like Napolean Dynamite? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=178342)

MarkL444 01-18-2005 04:32 AM

Re: Did you Like Napolean Dynamite?

anyone who liked this movie should be slapped in the face.

jlpadge21 01-18-2005 05:48 AM

A whole movie designed around a dork putting on a dance show? No thanks.
This movie was pure hype.

Big Lebowski
Friday
Old School

Asforenotyetmentioned.

MikeyEdge 01-18-2005 04:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]

3.) Anger Management

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't think anyone actually saw that.

[ QUOTE ]

5.) All 3 of the American Pie's

[/ QUOTE ]

Surely you must be joking.

Napoleon Dynamite was indeed Dynamite. I'll admit, you need a certain sense of humor to appreciate it, but the movie is hilarious. Not the top 5 best comedy's of all time, but it could crack the top 10 on a good day.

pokerwisc 01-18-2005 07:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think it is a love it or hate it movie

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't think you can put it any better than this. i loved it, personally, because it hit my sense of humor. a friend i watched it with hated it and had to leave.

dibbs 01-19-2005 03:59 AM

I agree with another poster who basically stated this movie was marketed/promoted in an odd way. To put it in the same category as movies like Anger Management,Caddyshack, Dodgeball, Old School etc. etc. just doesn't seem right.
Those who enjoyed this movie most certainly are those who posess a very certain type of humor, and probably in their life have at somepoint known somebody who resembles characters in the movie.
I thought the pure awkward/completely foreign lifestyle and dialogue portrayed in the movie was absolutely brilliant, and the only thing in film recently that really rivals the burning satire of the greater Simpsons writers. Even so, I feel the movie is a very satirical documentary more than a comedy. While the characters are hilarious, it's still a depressing look at certain areas and lifestyles in the US. I don't know, it's different that's for sure.
I loved it, one of the most original films I've seen in a while.

All this being said, I totally see how people hate it so much.

JMO.

MarkL444 01-19-2005 05:05 AM

my roommate got a Nap Dyn watch as a promo. it was of similar quality to a kids meal watch. when you pressed a button it said "idiot". he sold it on eBay for over $50. people are [censored] stupid.

(i just want to again mention this is one of the worst movies ever. people think its cool because its different. they think that they are supposed to think its cool for whatever reasons. its [censored] not.

DMBFan23 01-19-2005 03:12 PM

Top 5 comedies, the real damn list

in no particular order:

old school
clerks
supertroopers
the jerk
happy gilmore

with honorable mentions to billy madison and half baked.

napoleon dynamite was funny as hell, not top 5, but f-ing hilarious. I have a vote for Pedro T-shirt. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

EDIT: I havent seen harold and kumar or the big lebowski. so they might oust one of the top 5, probably the jerk.

TripleH68 01-19-2005 07:10 PM

This movie was a -1 on a scale of one to ten. Really.

Larimani 01-19-2005 07:31 PM

Pure rubbish

JoeC 01-20-2005 01:41 AM

Big Lebowski is the most overrated movie of all time.

Haven't seen Friday but it looks pretty funny.

Wasn't a huge fan of Old School, but I just don't get Will Ferrell like most people do.

Sorry to pick on your list... I'm just pissed I finally rented Big Lebowski last week after hearing everyone rave about it, and was just looking for an excuse to bitch about it.