Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Televised Poker (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Josh's apology (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=121730)

scotnt73 09-08-2004 03:12 PM

Re: Josh\'s apology

[ QUOTE ]
Oh well, we can sit here and whine about his childish behavior, but in the end he's still laughing all the way to the bank. At least he took the liberty to finish Harry off after the AJ hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

didnt he do that with A7 vs harrys A9?

coolhandtom 09-08-2004 03:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you pull that stuff at a table with me and you will be immediately going on the "Phsyically Unable to Perform" list.

[/ QUOTE ]

sweeeet response from an RGP poster.. that about sums up how i would feel if i was Harry D... Josh is a good player, but his reaction was pitiful and classless, regardless of any apology. have some respect at the table, especially when you KNOW there are cameras catching every second of it..

The13atman 09-08-2004 03:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
didnt he do that with A7 vs harrys A9?

[/ QUOTE ]

Harry had AK.

Zinzan 09-08-2004 05:17 PM

Josh said:
[ QUOTE ]
AJ wasnt a hand i thought an opponent would shove with...

[/ QUOTE ]

First of all, I think Harry put Josh on a steal and/or draw, and didn't want to give Josh the pot or a free card. Top pair, third kicker is definitely vulnerable, but he clearly didn't think Josh had him beat, and he was right. Plus, he had the gutshot draw. I don't think Harry's play was that bad.

Second, I don't understand what Josh wanted to see from Harry (after the push)--what hand did he expect Harry would go all-in with? Two pair? Made straight? Higher flush draw? In any case, wouldn't Josh be calling when he was behind? Or was he expecting the push to be with a worse hand? I don't get it.

Seriously, when Josh decided to call Harry's all-in, what cards would he have been happy to see AND not have thought Harry was an idiot to push?

-Z

jwvdcw 09-08-2004 05:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Josh said:
[ QUOTE ]
AJ wasnt a hand i thought an opponent would shove with...

[/ QUOTE ]

First of all, I think Harry put Josh on a steal and/or draw, and didn't want to give Josh the pot or a free card. Top pair, third kicker is definitely vulnerable, but he clearly didn't think Josh had him beat, and he was right. Plus, he had the gutshot draw. I don't think Harry's play was that bad.

Second, I don't understand what Josh wanted to see from Harry (after the push)--what hand did he expect Harry would go all-in with? Two pair? Made straight? Higher flush draw? In any case, wouldn't Josh be calling when he was behind? Or was he expecting the push to be with a worse hand? I don't get it.

Seriously, when Josh decided to call Harry's all-in, what cards would he have been happy to see AND not have thought Harry was an idiot to push?

-Z

[/ QUOTE ]

it was actually top pair/top kicker

jwvdcw 09-08-2004 05:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
can someone plaese copy and paste this...i would love to read it

[/ QUOTE ]

look up a few posts

PITTM 09-08-2004 05:57 PM

cool...

im really glad that people have went from acting civil and not having to apologize to making asses out of themselves, apologizing and then hoping to have respect. youre not going to get respect by acting like a total douchebag, making ridiculous claims and then apologizing for them. people need to realize what respect is and why one might have it for another person and then realize that what they are doing is not going to garner them any respect, so they should probably stop demanding it.

rj

Leroy 09-08-2004 08:51 PM

Wasn't his wife in the hospital at some point during the tournament? While he did act a bit rough, obviously there was a lot of emotion for him being in the tourney...

I think he deserves a bit of a break....

Trainwreck 09-09-2004 05:37 AM

I agree that one's true colors really come out at the poker table...

But then again, we've all had our ahole moments in our lives, I am no exception.

Josh has no filter when he gets excited.... not unusual... per Matts, The Mouth, Phil H., etc etc....

>Trainwreck< <---says it all
LOL!

Zinzan 09-09-2004 10:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
First of all, I think Harry put Josh on a steal and/or draw, and didn't want to give Josh the pot or a free card. Top pair, third kicker (sic) is definitely vulnerable, but he clearly didn't think Josh had him beat, and he was right. Plus, he had the gutshot draw. I don't think Harry's play was that bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

Shows what I know. Here's Harry's thoughts (from rgp):

[ QUOTE ]
I took a while before going all in but the correct play by a long way was to fold becasue as Josh was the pre flop raiser the best I could hope for was to be a slight favourite. As it happens I was lucky to be in front of
him.

[/ QUOTE ]

-Z