Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Home Poker (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   My Table (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=112210)

ohgeetee 08-21-2004 07:56 PM

Re: Question on felt logo-ing??

bleach would eat through it over time and ruin the felt, it would also create edges that were soft, making most lettering look poor.

Porcupine 08-21-2004 08:23 PM

Re: My Table

Very nice.

I've always liked the wood "trim" and like you choice of red felt and light colored rail.

Definitely post more plans/details if you can.

Lurgid 08-23-2004 10:04 AM

I plan on doing the same, although you'll probably want to use fabric paint and stencils. I really don't think there is a way you can do it without a little bit of "stickiness."

ohgeetee 08-23-2004 12:08 PM

test an iron-on on some scrap material, or ask the fabric store where you got the fabric what would be best. my concern would be what damage it might do to the foam underneath if it was an ironon since you would be adding it after its already on the table. usually putting a towel over the ironon makes any damage less likely to the fabric or anything vulnerable underneath.

nolanfan34 08-23-2004 05:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was thinking about an iron-on like you use to be able to iron your t-shirts back in the day. maybe a stencil and airbrush?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you get the type of iron on that's actually fabric, it would probably work OK. Ask at your fabric store, they sell the stuff, and will tell you what you can iron it onto.

My tip would be to watch out for those bastards at Kinkos. They copied my design onto the wrong side of the fricken iron on paper I used, which I didn't discover until I had applied the first one to my table fabric. Took about a half hour to try to peel off the damn paper. Thankfully I hadn't attached the table fabric yet, so I was able to use the other side.

My plan now since the fabric got a little messed up is to get some large vinyl labels made, which I think will work.

gamboolman 08-23-2004 11:19 PM

Fantastic looking table !! Is it big enough for 10 fat middle aged poker players?
If you have the plans and don't mind giving them out, I would love to have on just like this!
Good job,
gamboolman......

AgentBishop 08-24-2004 10:36 AM

i was looking around and places put logos on billiard cloth using wool dye. seems to be the way to go. Now if I could just find a way to get a WPT logo on some felt I would build a replica WPT table. wool dye

RED_RAIN 08-24-2004 01:39 PM

Total cost? Excluding tools

samjjones 08-24-2004 02:36 PM

I also built a table like this this weekend, although mine is a full sized 10 person table (no dealer cutout). This was the first woodworking project I have ever done. It is pretty easy if you take some time to plan out what you are doing, have some basic tools, and patience. I had a game on it Saturday night, and everybody raved about it. I'll probably be building another table soon (I already purchased the materials for a second table in advance).

TenPercenter 08-24-2004 04:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I also built a table like this this weekend, although mine is a full sized 10 person table (no dealer cutout). This was the first woodworking project I have ever done. It is pretty easy if you take some time to plan out what you are doing, have some basic tools, and patience. I had a game on it Saturday night, and everybody raved about it. I'll probably be building another table soon (I already purchased the materials for a second table in advance).

[/ QUOTE ]

Pictures? Where do you live?

Ten