Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   QJs in the CO - questions PF and on the Turn (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=109227)

Nottom 08-03-2004 08:07 PM

Re: QJs in the CO - questions PF and on the Turn

[ QUOTE ]
Limp pf. QJs is a strong drawing hand... why scare people off? Not very strong heads-up.

[/ QUOTE ]

he's in the CO, time to stop worrying about scaring off people that aren't there and start worrying about building up the pot with a hand that is gonna win more than its fair share.

Nottom 08-03-2004 08:10 PM

Preflop - goot

Flop - Standard

Turn - I cap. If he has a better flush so be it. You have position, so it will likely only cost you one more bet unless he is tricky enough to go for a river check-raise.

River - Nothing changed between here and the turn so if you called there you should call here.

Nottom 08-03-2004 08:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Cap the turn, raise the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is half right.

cold_cash 08-03-2004 08:34 PM

Shoot, I'll take 1 outta 2.

That's quite a bit better than I normally do. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

DMBFan23 08-03-2004 10:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm confused.

btspider 08-03-2004 10:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm confused.

[/ QUOTE ]

cap the turn, call the river if bet into.

DMBFan23 08-04-2004 09:03 AM

I guess I'm confused because if I'm going to cap the turn, why not raise the river when a blank hits?

maybe him betting into me even after the turn cap would be a stronger indication (stronger than a turn three bet) that he has the A or the K flush? Thats about the only reason I can think of to only call the river after a turn cap

Joe Tall 08-04-2004 09:26 AM

Preflop raise is good, punishing weak limpers, gaining position, getting dead money in (blinds), real good.

Flop: Fine

River: Well, you made your hand, you have the 3rd nut, fcking raise and re-raise.

Peace,
Joe Tall

btspider 08-04-2004 09:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I guess I'm confused because if I'm going to cap the turn, why not raise the river when a blank hits?

maybe him betting into me even after the turn cap would be a stronger indication (stronger than a turn three bet) that he has the A or the K flush? Thats about the only reason I can think of to only call the river after a turn cap

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, nothing changed from the turn to the river. in these situations, you need to decide how many bets you are comfortable putting in. with our position, we can get 4 (as I did), 5 (cap turn, call river), or 7 (raise river, get 3-bet).

you can't choose 6 (unless you fold, which you won't) since you have no control over his option to 3-bet the river. so the choice is between 5 and 7.