Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Deep 3/6NL: CAll all in preflop with AQs? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=360959)

10-20-2005 11:27 AM

Re: Deep 3/6NL: CAll all in preflop with AQs?

[ QUOTE ]
Please give me an example of a hand that AQs beats but is an insignificant favorite over. Either you are ahead, even money or buried.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's my point we are getting all in with AQs, which when all in preflop is probably not that huge of a favorite against villians hand range. Probably a favorite yes, but not a big one.

[ QUOTE ]
Then define "wrong". Do you mean the specific hand or your whole pattern is wrong?

What hands do you require to call in this situation? AA, KK?

[/ QUOTE ]

Did I use the word "wrong" in my post?

I'm just saying that the concept of passing up a small +EV edge to wait for a bigger +EV edge has relevance here. B/C it is a capped buy-in it is very important to have a big stack and have the fish covered, so we make a ton of money when we get in as a huge favorite.

Leptyne 10-20-2005 11:29 AM

I believe this is by far the best strategy. At a single buy-in you could afford to take several shots. Deep stacked you need to have patience. I don't put my stack of 3-4 buy-ins at risk in this situation unless I believe I am the favorite unimproved, which I think is AA, KK, QQ. Not AK.

HoldEmKillah 10-20-2005 02:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
At a single buy-in you could afford to take several shots. Deep stacked you need to have patience.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is an excellent point.

What are your thoughts on folding JJ /AK/AQs here and taking the risk of letting UTG ($1500) wake up with a hand and stack villian before I can?

xorbie 10-20-2005 02:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
At a single buy-in you could afford to take several shots. Deep stacked you need to have patience.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is an excellent point.

What are your thoughts on folding JJ /AK/AQs here and taking the risk of letting UTG ($1500) wake up with a hand and stack villian before I can?

[/ QUOTE ]

huh? if UTG "wakes up" I assume you mean he has a very strong hand. I don't think his calling range is going to be much wider than TT+, AK, AQs, maybe AJs and AQo? It's not like you're gonna want to be in a 3 way pot with him, maniac and your AQs anyway. Plus if UTG is willing to call here with a hand like AJs that you do beat, it's possible that he loses, and then you end up with a ton of money in the fishes pocket and a massive tilter.

HoldEmKillah 10-20-2005 03:20 PM

I didn't mean a 3-way pot. I just meant me folding my AQ only to have UTG stack villian on the next hand. Good points made about villian winning and having a massive tilter.

durrrr 10-20-2005 03:29 PM

this is a call... especially if its on stars (where you can use the rebuy trick to quickly cover him agian)

HoldEmKillah 10-20-2005 03:31 PM

was on party.

etizzle 10-20-2005 04:19 PM

i think you gotta call here, its just not too likely that he has you beat.

10-20-2005 05:30 PM

Calling is the correct move I believe, but I have a feeling he has something like AJ and will spike a flush.

Spladle Master 10-20-2005 06:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
How are these hands remotely interesting?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not at all interesting. It's a very simple math/logic problem.

-Diplomat

[/ QUOTE ]