Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   How's your SSNL?: HR101 AKo (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=395170)

-Skeme- 12-10-2005 03:14 PM

Re: How\'s your SSNL?: HR101 AKo

Yeah, that's a good point, but arguing that TPTK is more than willing to get stacked here and saying it'll deter them from folding when a flush or straight comes is kinda hypocritical. Not to mention, one of the straight cards improves AK's hand. A flush might as it is much more obvious.

When river blanks of heart, AK is goners. At $50 NL this is probably better, though, betting turn that is. I want results.

ajmargarine 12-10-2005 03:28 PM

This hand is a hand I played last week and I was villian. In the hand I held QhJh, which IMO, is the only logical hand Villian could hold. My semi-bluff raise amount was enough to get me a free turn + river card and that was why I chose that amount.

I knew if I hit on the turn, I would get paid nicely, as he wouldn't put me on my made hand, especially if I hit a straight. Once he checked turn, I knew he had AK. And that ace was just a pretty card. I pushed, he called, I win.

Andrew Fletcher 12-10-2005 04:21 PM

Well, I misread the action on the river, but I think the turn check makes it pretty clear that villian has a drawing hand. I think Hero in this hand could have either re-raised the flop or led the turn and avoided that nasty river situation. That flop is drawtastic and if villian four-bets it's easy to fold to TT.

Andrew Fletcher 12-10-2005 04:27 PM

I think you're likely to see busted hearts at higher stakes. Anyone agree?

soah 12-10-2005 04:37 PM

A free card play is pretty transparent, and bluffing at a guy who raised UTG when there's both an ace and king on the board is pretty suicidal. I wouldn't expect many bluffs in this spot from decent players.

Isura 12-10-2005 07:42 PM

NH. Was villain (ie Hero in the hand) a 2+2er?

teamdonkey 12-10-2005 08:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This hand is a hand I played last week and I was villian. In the hand I held QhJh, which IMO, is the only logical hand Villian could hold. My semi-bluff raise amount was enough to get me a free turn + river card and that was why I chose that amount.

I knew if I hit on the turn, I would get paid nicely, as he wouldn't put me on my made hand, especially if I hit a straight. Once he checked turn, I knew he had AK. And that ace was just a pretty card. I pushed, he called, I win.

[/ QUOTE ]

if you were in the OP "hero"'s shoes, how do you play this hand?

DoomSlice 12-10-2005 09:03 PM

With perfect information you'd have to lead the turn.

With no perfect information, you have to make sure that he's not playing a set, which might lead you to put in a 3rd raise on the flop...

Basically the semi-bluff kicks AK's ass.

EMcWilliams 12-10-2005 09:16 PM

However, if you know someone is a twoplustwoer, that can make a big difference in how to play them. If I saw a common name on my table, or knew villian was a 2p2er, Id be more wary of the way he plays his hands. If the 2p2 villian raises pf, and the flop comes in a way that you are sure all he hit was TPTK or an overpair, your FE is huge cause you can play it in a way that will force the other man to fold, because you know that he knows when to laydown TPTK or overpairs.

12-10-2005 09:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I play it the exact same way Hero did. I like the "block" bet. You are getting 2.5-1 on the river call. (needing to be good only 29% of the time for the call to be +EV) I think you will be shown down KQo and KTo enough times for this to be a call on the river, especially at the $100 games. I think you guys are seeing monsters under the bed, but in a real game sitaution would have insta-called.

[/ QUOTE ]

Villain (a 2+2er) is calling w/ KTo preflop, and he's checking the turn with top two pair?? Also, KQ and KT never raise this river, because no better hand folds, and no worst hands can call. I think villain has the mortal nuts QJ or 8 high.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont believe Villain was confirmed to be a 2+2er.

I'm not saying tht I know he has KQ or KT, I just think you will be shown KQ, AT, KT, or busted hearts here atleast 29% of the time, making the call +EV. You dont need to be right 50% of the time even for this call to be correct.