Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Televised Poker (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   "Official" WSOP Payment Info and other stuff (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=261093)

slickpoppa 05-30-2005 02:58 PM

Re: \"Official\" WSOP Payment Info and other stuff

That looks really good to me. If it all adds up, I suggest you email the TD with the suggestion. It can't hurt to try.

csuf_gambler 05-30-2005 03:05 PM

i don't believe 660 places should get that paid. thats redicioulus. at the most, only the top 100 should get paid. then they can have a ginormous first place prize. i can just imagin someone braggin "hey dude, i came in 660th in the world series of poker", damn you must be g00t.

Matt Flynn 05-30-2005 03:05 PM

I sent the proposed payout schedule and reasoning to sharla@pokerpages.com. Hopefully she'll pass it on to Nolan as requested.

If anyone knows Nolan's e-mail please send it to him or post it. If anyone knows Nolan start giving him crap immediately. As I said to Sharla, I wouldn't be surpirsed if the final table recipient of that $20 bill didn't burn it right in front of the cameras.

Matt

Matt Flynn 05-30-2005 03:06 PM

I will if anyone knows the e-mail.

Jurollo 05-30-2005 03:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i don't believe 660 places should get that paid. thats redicioulus. at the most, only the top 100 should get paid. then they can have a ginormous first place prize. i can just imagin someone braggin "hey dude, i came in 660th in the world series of poker", damn you must be g00t.

[/ QUOTE ]
Clearly a horrid suggestion. Coming in top 10% in any tourney is worthy of money. Coming in 660th is great in a field of 6600.
~Justin

lozen 05-30-2005 03:36 PM

Why not come up with a pay per view marketing event broken into a bunch of segments before it comes out on ESPN

sirio11 05-30-2005 06:37 PM

Pretty good structure. Good job. Hopefully they take it.

adios 05-30-2005 07:23 PM

The winner of a tournament with over $60 million in the prize pool gets around $7.5 million? Seems like that's kind of low. Greg got $5 million last year and there was between $20 million and $25 million in the prize pool. The prize pool nearly triples but the winner only gets 50% more? Ok I guess but it doesn't seem right somehow.

M.B.E. 05-31-2005 04:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Being able to say they created 9 millionnaires is a good one. Of course that is only true if all nine are non-professional-gambler Canadians.

[/ QUOTE ]
Wrong -- if the tournament is won by a resident of Canada, tax will be paid to the IRS. It's only residents of the following countries that would not have tax withheld from their prize:

Austria, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Russian Federation, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Tunisia, Turkey, Ukraine, and the United Kingdom.

M.B.E. 05-31-2005 04:56 PM

Howard Greenbaum (Harrahs director of poker operations) explained his rationale for the prize structure in an interview linked to in this thread.