Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   poker while i drive (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=297026)

tdarko 07-21-2005 12:58 AM

Re: poker while i drive

don't do it but with the Cingular satellite wireless card you can do it. i have it and i use it for my road trips (on bus's!!!!), i was actually trying to connect while flying today but it was in and out of connection and i kept getting folded.

jman220 07-21-2005 01:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I know it might sound like an unsafe idea.... but

anyone know if there's a way to play poker while you drive?

I've got this killer commute and it would be a lot easier on me if i could play poker, 1 table would be fine for me, was thinking voice activated (hands free, comparable to talking on a cell phone).

Any ideas, also do they have anything available for cell phones?

thanks

mooks

[/ QUOTE ]

This is an extraordinarily bad idea. Any +EV you're gaining from maybe making 2 big bets an hour is offset by the -EV chance that you will kill or maim yourself or others.

jman220 07-21-2005 01:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Damn, you PC whiners make me sick. I've driven with a hamburger in one hand, a coke in the other, while talking on a cellphone, and driving with one knee. And I drive a stick!

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not something to be proud of. Do you see why?

clutch 07-21-2005 03:22 AM

You need help.

PuckNPoker 07-21-2005 03:52 AM

Maybe try listening to poker podcasts (check itunes, most are free) during your commute. Playing is just a bad idea on every level.

Equal 07-21-2005 04:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Damn, you PC whiners make me sick. I've driven with a hamburger in one hand, a coke in the other, while talking on a cellphone, and driving with one knee. And I drive a stick!

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not something to be proud of. Do you see why?

[/ QUOTE ]

You should take everything you read on the internet with a grain of salt. Do you see why?

prk 07-21-2005 07:59 AM

What if the poster was referring to being the PASSENGER in the car while it is moving, rather than the driver??

MY friend has the Cingular wireless satellite card and he goes online anywhere, anytime. You just have to be somewhere that is digital capable and it should work to around DSL speeds.

clownshoes 07-21-2005 08:05 AM

I agree that risking your life and the lives of other poeple on the street is definitely worth it as long as youre not bored on your horrendous commute

You crap sack of ass

peinchka 07-21-2005 08:15 AM

Mook by name! Mook by nature

mackthefork 07-21-2005 08:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I've gotta kill this commuter and it would be a lot harder to explain if i'm playing poker

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

this sounds like a comedy film plot, You: In my defence my lord I wasn't watching the road, i was playing poker on a mobile. Judge: Are you insane? You: I was trying to be careful, I only played one table. Judge: I direct the jury to consider a verdict of 28 counts of manslaughter on the basis of diminished responsibility.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Mack