Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Online Railbird Beggars (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=334420)

otter 09-12-2005 10:25 AM

Wow, who is the bouncing gal?

x

Phill S 09-12-2005 01:12 PM

Re: Online Railbird Beggars

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
lol, dont do that. all that teaches him to do is mooch more and it might work once in a while. its like poker welfare, why do you think so many in the country sit around and do nothing, rob liquor stores, mug people, drive by, etc

[/ QUOTE ]

Because morons like you dont understand why black people commit more crime in american and why they have no jobs.

Phill

[/ QUOTE ]

These are two separate issues. I agree with you (although not the tone you took). But you still shouldn't give to the online poker beggars, these aren't people begging to go buy themselves food, they're begging for gambling money. If you want good karma, take that $50 and give it to the red cross or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you btw. That wasnt the point i was trying to make.

I wouldnt give someone begging on a poker site money. If they can afford to have the internet why do they need my money?

Phill

trainslayer 09-12-2005 06:27 PM

I looked up a buddy on stars one time and, try as I might, I couldn't get his attention. He either had chat turned off or was otherwise distracted and didn't notice my chat. Finally I just typed in "can you loan me 20 cents." I think it actually put a couple the other players on tilt. They were ranting about that being why I was there. It was hilarious.

Bobby Cannoli 09-12-2005 07:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
lol, dont do that. all that teaches him to do is mooch more and it might work once in a while. its like poker welfare, why do you think so many in the country sit around and do nothing, rob liquor stores, mug people, drive by, etc

[/ QUOTE ]

Because morons like you dont understand why black people commit more crime in american and why they have no jobs.

Phill

[/ QUOTE ]

Who said anything about race?

Moron

theben 09-12-2005 07:24 PM

lol. you asked for too much!

Quicksilvre 09-12-2005 07:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Who said anything about race?

Moron

[/ QUOTE ]

AAmaz0n 09-12-2005 07:39 PM

I can't imagine anyone giving them money for nothing in return. If I was going to ask for money from other players, I'd at least offer to "chat dirty" with them. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

Shauna

znup 09-12-2005 08:09 PM

How much does that run.

Just curious....

memphis57 09-12-2005 08:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
got munsoned? what is that

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.urbandictionary.com/

def of munsoned:

[ QUOTE ]

1. munsoned link send redefine 15 up, 1 down

to have the whole world in the palm of ur hand and then piss it all awayman he really munsoned that one
Source: Alex Leighton, Jun 2, 2003
2. Munsoned link send redefine 9 up, 1 down

Figure of speech. Incapable. Damned. Helpless 'up Creek without a paddle'Being on 'a Gravy train with Biscuit Wheels', and falling off

Having your monthly record shattered by some punk

Not having the balls to tell your old folks you didn't have what it takes to make the big tour
Source: aka the Trevors, May 11, 2004
3. munsoned link send redefine 2 up, 1 down

To be violently attacked in the wilderness, up the creek with no paddle, to have sugar put in your gasoline, etc."I hope he's not out in the woods by himself he might get munsoned".

'See the movie 'Kingpin'.
Source: Anon, Apr 29, 2003
4. Munsoned link send redefine 2 up, 7 down

When you come into contact with a really annoying person. Usually someone with a high opinion of themself.

Named after a really annoying guy with the name of Munson.I just got munsoned by this guy at the bar.
Source: Fred Quimby, Jan 19, 2005

[/ QUOTE ]

webmonarch 09-13-2005 11:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I wouldnt give someone begging on a poker site money. If they can afford to have the internet why do they need my money?

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. While we're on the subject, the same thing applies offline. Don't give street people money, EVER.

If you want to help, most major cities have small cards that list resources for street people to find food, clothing, and career help. They are usuaully available from the city's Chamber of Commerce or similar.

I used to pass those out. You would be absolutely amazed at how many of the beggars scoffed at the idea of seeking help. In attempting to do it for about 3 months I had 90% of the people outright decline it, and about one who took anything more than a cursory glance. Very interesting.