Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Beginners Questions (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   $1K in 10 days with no BR and no experience. (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=124543)

Ulysses 09-16-2004 02:00 AM

Re: $1K in 10 days with no BR and no experience.

Took $9,000 for 1st. Then I cashed about $2,000 from partypoker this month.

What is wrong w/ you people?

This guy won $11,000. He knows he is a regular 1/2 player and knows that 5/10 is above his experience level. He wants to take a shot and gamble it up w/ $300.

What is wrong w/ that at all?

h_ven - I encourage you to do this. You hit a nice score and now you can afford to take a little gamble. If you hit your goal, you can try to go further or you can just use the money for a 2/4 roll or something. If you miss your goal and bust out, you still have your remaining $10,700 and you can continue on playing 1/2 while you learn.

I seriously can't believe people are criticizing this plan. I think it's great.

If you said you were gonna take $10k and take some shots at 100/200 or 25/50NL, that's something worth criticizing if people really care.

Ulysses 09-16-2004 02:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
he's in high school. it's $300. if he loses his 30 BB, then what? he just quits?

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you read his post?

Ralph Wiggum 09-16-2004 02:52 AM

I don't see anything wrong w/ this.

d8l
Ralph

sthief09 09-16-2004 03:01 AM

I read half of it... I pretty much assumed the rest was something along the lines of "blah blah blah" rather than "I just won $9000"

sthief09 09-16-2004 03:02 AM

well it was a rhetorical question, implying that he was talking about himself

I wish this thread would go away. I really did a great job of making an ass out of myself.

thirddan 09-16-2004 03:24 AM

you should add this thread the The Dude's thread about making an ass out of himself [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Lawrence Ng 09-16-2004 07:18 AM

H_Ven,

I'm with Diablo on this one. I think you should give it a shot if you think it's worth your effort.

With a committed short bankroll you'll learn to play tighter which is a good thing. You'll force yourself to be disciplined, play sharp and it's only going to improve your game even if it's a short run.

After being on these boards for several months, I think a lot of posters do not have the balls or the courage to really challenge themselves enough. A lot of what poker is about is challenging oneself to improve oneself and being able to take chances, good chances that is.

If you can risk losing it, go for it.

Baulucky 09-16-2004 09:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I know this one guy who started with 50 BB's at .5/1 moving up in stakes every 100 BB's. He ran through the limits and earned 700 BB's in 10 days. $50 to $120k and counting in 10 months. Worked pretty well for him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nothing more arrogant and inspiring than a true success story.

pudley4 09-16-2004 12:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm going to try and make $1,000 in 10 days by playing 2 tables at a time of 5/10 at Partypoker. I know it's only 100 BB, but I only have about 600 hands logged into pokertracker that are in the red.

I'm going to put away $300 to try and do it. That's a 60 BB bankroll, which is way under the reccomended.

I'm probably going to bore many people due to all of the new quests out there.

I'm still in highschool though, im just 18. I'm a normal everyday kid that plays sports and goes out on the weekends.
I got lucky and won a $35,000 R&A on paradise. Took $9,000 for 1st. Then I cashed about $2,000 from partypoker this month.

I pretty much just play 1/2 (6 max). I have about 10K logged at that limit. My quest will start right after I post this. This will be day one, and I'll hopefully post everyday, or untill I bust out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Play just one table at a time. You don't ever want to be below 12 BB at the table.

h_ven 09-16-2004 06:13 PM

Thanks Diablo, Lawrence, and the rest of you for backing me on this one.

Like I said before, you people act like I've never played before and only have $300 to my name. I just wanted to take a gamble, then I realized that the 5/10 did seem pretty hard. Even though I only played it 1 day, I did learn some lessons, and still have some money left from it.

[ QUOTE ]
If you can risk losing it, go for it

[/ QUOTE ]
I could afford to lose this money.

I also host a home game, and play at the limited card games in town.

If any of you have seen any of my posts about my home game, you know it's easy money, people calling all-ins with 23o for the entire buy in.

We(they, the two fish that suck) started playing on credit, and they built it up pretty high, so we cut them off, but thats a different story...