Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Which of these comics is the best? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=375643)

Piz0wn0reD!!!!!! 11-10-2005 05:35 PM

Re: Which of these comics is the best?

GROO!!!!!

CCass 11-10-2005 11:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So many poker players are Star Trek geeks.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

[/ QUOTE ]

What's wrong with Star Trek?

34TheTruth34 11-10-2005 11:13 PM

How come Dane Cook and Dave Attell aren't on the list? They're my favorites.

2+2 wannabe 11-10-2005 11:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Archie.

[/ QUOTE ]

man 11-10-2005 11:38 PM

the correct answer is preacher. most of you got it wrong.

orange 11-10-2005 11:48 PM

I haven't read in quite some time...but I used to really enjoy 100 Bullets, Daredevil, and Batman. Punisher was amusing as well...

I think I'll start again maybe when the Dark Tower comics come out. I enjoyed the books.

11-11-2005 12:29 AM

Why is Watchmen not on this list? Seriously, Terry Giliam wanted to make a nine hour miniseries out of it because it's so damned good. And hell, at least put The Dark Night Returns on the list too. Those comics revolutionized comicdom.

I voted for Preacher. Pretty damned entertaining, but the ending was slightly unsatisfying.

Frank Miller's damned good with his gritty, pulp noir stuff, but he's pretty one dimensional.

I just can't believe you totally shafted Alan Moore.

tomahawk 11-11-2005 08:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I assumed you weren't going for a "best of" just "best of this group"

If you were going for "best of" then your list is horrible and needs to die.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I was actually going for a best of this group, I just didn't remember include Sandman even though I think it fits nicely in there.

After thinking about it though I'm glad I didn't include Sandman, it would just get most of the votes because everyone has heard of it.

Yes as a "best of" list, this list would be very incomplete, although I think all these are excellent, especially in the "around 8-12 issue long story that ends there" category. (Hellblazer and Sin City aren't in this category, but similar)

tomahawk 11-11-2005 08:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why is Watchmen not on this list? Seriously, Terry Giliam wanted to make a nine hour miniseries out of it because it's so damned good. And hell, at least put The Dark Night Returns on the list too. Those comics revolutionized comicdom.

I voted for Preacher. Pretty damned entertaining, but the ending was slightly unsatisfying.

Frank Miller's damned good with his gritty, pulp noir stuff, but he's pretty one dimensional.

I just can't believe you totally shafted Alan Moore.

[/ QUOTE ]

As I said this was a "best of these 5 list".

Watchmen is not on the list because I haven't read it yet, and I was interested about what people though about the comics I listed.

The Dark Knight Returns is awesome, but I didn't include it because I don't compare it to the comics listed, as it is only two magazines, not a series. (correct me if I'm wrong here)

Preacher is a good pick. As you said, very entertaining. I enjoyed it immensely.

swede123 11-11-2005 08:58 AM

Of these I voted Hellblazer. My favorite is probably Judge Dredd.

Swede