Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Worst ever Oscar Winner (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=202605)

Asufiji2004 02-25-2005 03:09 PM

Re: Worst ever Oscar Winner

Yes some inaccuracies, but not entirely inaccurate. I don't think William Wallace banged the princess of whales, but he was a large part of the Scottish bid for freedom. Meh, bollocks to the English anyway.

WDC 02-25-2005 03:10 PM

me neither and I never will

pshreck 02-25-2005 03:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think William Wallace banged the princess of whales

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha that made me laugh. I forgot that he had sex with some princess in the movie, that was pretty ridiculous.

Sponger15SB 02-25-2005 03:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

One of the things im most proud of in life (how sad is this), is that I have never seen Titanic

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too. I refuse to watch it.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you've never seen the movie, yet you say that the worst oscar winner is every award that they won.

And the winner for stupidest 2+2 post of the year goes to?

MEbenhoe!

razor 02-25-2005 03:13 PM

I didn't think Shawshank was over-sentementalized... but I could be wrong.

lucas9000 02-25-2005 03:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
American Beuaty is an amazing film. The only other movie worth a [censored] that year was 6th sense, and Im sorry, AB is a way better movie.

[/ QUOTE ]

while i agree that american beauty is amazing, i think american history x came out that year too, and imo was an excellent movie worthy of being a contender.

Dominic 02-25-2005 03:15 PM

Titanic, by far, is the worst movie ever to win Best Picture

Alobar 02-25-2005 03:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
American Beuaty is an amazing film. The only other movie worth a [censored] that year was 6th sense, and Im sorry, AB is a way better movie.

[/ QUOTE ]

while i agree that american beauty is amazing, i think american history x came out that year too, and imo was an excellent movie worthy of being a contender.

[/ QUOTE ]

really? I dont rmember it being up for an oscar, was it?? AHX is definately an amazing movie, but I still would go with AB as I liked it a little bit better.

razor 02-25-2005 03:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So you've never seen the movie, yet you say that the worst oscar winner is every award that they won.

And the winner for stupidest 2+2 post of the year goes to?

[/ QUOTE ]

and yet, he's right (except for perhaps the Sound Effects Editing and Best Sound awards.)

Clarkmeister 02-25-2005 03:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't think this poll holds much weight coming from a British website. Not surprised Braveheart is #1 considering it has an interesting spin on English history. This movie is fantastic, this article is retarded.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have to give them credit, if some epic came out about Americans doing wrong stuff that was incredibly inaccurate, we would probably hate it to.

Correct me if I am wrong (and really do because I am not sure about this), but Braveheart is filled with tons of inaccuracies and made up events.

[/ QUOTE ]

That doesn't make it a bad movie though. I don't know anyone who went into or came out of that movie thinking it was a documentary.