Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   $11: am i sloppy? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=397195)

microbet 12-13-2005 03:49 AM

Re: $11:

I guess I answered this in the wrong place. I'm blaming that on senility and the forum update.

See my reply to the OP ^ up there somewhere.

tigerite 12-13-2005 07:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think it's pretty marginal anyway you look at it. I like the push better if there is more dead money. I think you can profitably call here, but Postiga might be right here and maybe that is for 1000+ chip games.

Maybe you can fold it in an $11 or a $6, waiting for a better spot later. I'm pretty sure you can fold in a $6 and I'm positive it's a good fold in a play money game (not that that is relevant except that it makes me confident that it is possible folding is correct)

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with pretty much all that. Here, in this level of tournament, I'd probably push. By the way, I don't call AQo here, that's for sure, in a $109! I doubt I'd even call it for a normal raise OOP. I might (MIGHT) on the button. But for t100? No way.

SammyKid11 12-13-2005 07:51 AM

I think a push here is fine. Pushing:
1) Eliminates the anti-value of your bad position.
2) Greatly increases the chances you're only up against one opponent (which with a hand like AKo is definitely better).
3) Ensures that your AK sees all five board cards (good).
4) Creates a very decent chance that you will take the pot down right there (always nice).
5) Punishes anyone dumb enough to call down with Ace-rag.
6) Keeps someone with Ace-rag from bluffing you off your hand with their position.

Also, remember that the "re-raiser" in this case was only reraising a min-raiser...at an 11 it could easily be a donk re-raise -- or at any level it could certainly be nothing more than an isolation raise with something like 55 that he'll often fold or AJs which you might get a call out of.

POOOOOOOSSSSSSHHHHHH!

And FWIW, I agree with ilya in terms of a cessation of usage of female body parts as an analogy to weakness. I think Annie Duke just might take offense and proceed to pummel you on a poker table just to prove that she was much less scared than you.

EnderFFX 12-13-2005 08:18 AM

This is the $11. AK-A2 calls (yes i've seen A2 call) Any pair sometimes calls, KQs calls, hell I've seen JTs call.

12-13-2005 11:38 AM

In the $11's you can push this because you'll often be called by hands that you dominate. Does that make it a fold in the $55's and up? Because I've been very confused in situations like this in the $55's, having no idea whether I should fold, call or push.

Mr_J 12-13-2005 12:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
2+2ers edge is later in the game where you need chips.

[/ QUOTE ]

Building a stack from dead money will give you chips for when you need them.

citanul 12-13-2005 12:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
2+2ers edge is later in the game where you need chips.

[/ QUOTE ]

Building a stack from dead money will give you chips for when you need them.

[/ QUOTE ]

or of course you could have changed that to:

bad 2+2ers' edges are later in the game.

good 2+2ers lean to have an edge all the time.

c

durron597 12-13-2005 12:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You can get away if there's a re-raise and call. You still win lots from AT-AQ cos lots of times they will fold preflop if you push

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you played the same 11s that I have ?!?!?! What about the times they whiff the flop and check fold it, and you didn't get your whole stack as a 70% fav?

BAK 12-13-2005 12:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, can we go easier on using women as a metaphor for weakness/cowardice. It's getting a bit out of control here in STT.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you Ilya, I appreciate the sentiment here. That was my first reaction as well.

On the otherhand, it is seriously +EV for us that some of you guys think this way. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

wuwei 12-13-2005 12:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
bad 2+2ers' edges are later in the game.

good 2+2ers lean to have an edge all the time.

c

[/ QUOTE ]

BOW DOWN!!!