Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Televised Poker (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Another Magic player wins a bracelet (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=267669)

Smoothcall 06-07-2005 02:54 PM

Re: Another Magic player wins a bracelet

What poker tournament did zeejustin win? Or make big money in?

Lady Dont Tekno 06-07-2005 03:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Winning tournaments wasn't really my point. They all are making good money however and as a matter of fact I believe ZeeJustin is the youngest player ever to make a TV final table.

funKy
-LDT

Apathy 06-07-2005 03:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

EPT final table(s?), and a bunch of big online tournies.

Tamanon 06-07-2005 03:17 PM

I'm pretty sure Jon Finkel won 2nd in one of the WPT events also. I know I saw his name on their most recent tourney.

Can't wait for "Kid" Gindy to finally turn 21 and get in on that haha.

Paluka 06-07-2005 03:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty sure Jon Finkel won 2nd in one of the WPT events also. I know I saw his name on their most recent tourney.

Can't wait for "Kid" Gindy to finally turn 21 and get in on that haha.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jon Finkel has never done well in a WPT event. Our friend Alex Balandin did come in 2nd in one. Jon does have some excellent tourney results, but not in any $10k events.

BarronVangorToth 06-07-2005 03:26 PM

It's good to know that Jon is still friends with Chris after that time Chris beat Jon in that 30-man Magic tourney at my store like eight year ago....

We're all getting too old.

Barron Vangor Toth
www.BarronVangorToth.com

Paluka 06-07-2005 03:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's good to know that Jon is still friends with Chris after that time Chris beat Jon in that 30-man Magic tourney at my store like eight year ago....

We're all getting too old.

Barron Vangor Toth
www.BarronVangorToth.com

[/ QUOTE ]

That was awesome.

jackdaniels 06-07-2005 03:49 PM

Palooka, what card was made in your image? I haven't been in the MTG scene since, oh, Legends (or there abouts) - but used to play a lot in NYC (even pre-Neutral Ground days). It's wild that you can make $$ playing Magic nowadays... We used to drive out to all the cons, buy the cards and re-sell in NY - heck, that got me through half of university! Once they disallowed the use of previous edition cards in tourneys though, it made that business obsolete (if I dig really hard, I'm sure I can find a few Mox's and a Black Lotus or two somewhere - prolly not in mint condition anymore [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] ).

Anyway, what card was that?

Paluka 06-07-2005 03:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Palooka, what card was made in your image? I haven't been in the MTG scene since, oh, Legends (or there abouts) - but used to play a lot in NYC (even pre-Neutral Ground days). It's wild that you can make $$ playing Magic nowadays... We used to drive out to all the cons, buy the cards and re-sell in NY - heck, that got me through half of university! Once they disallowed the use of previous edition cards in tourneys though, it made that business obsolete (if I dig really hard, I'm sure I can find a few Mox's and a Black Lotus or two somewhere - prolly not in mint condition anymore [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] ).

Anyway, what card was that?

[/ QUOTE ]

Meddling Mage.

jackdaniels 06-07-2005 04:00 PM

Very cool artwork on the card. Good for you man.