Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   how wrong am i here? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=395689)

Alexthegreat 12-11-2005 12:15 AM

Re: how wrong am i here?

If you think you can't play this hand against a raise 4 handed, then you probably should find a different game.

air 12-11-2005 12:25 AM

I just call here. Just because button is 41/0 doesnt mean he won't call 2 cold with a wide range.

If button had raised I would think about it but still call.

MicroBob 12-11-2005 12:59 AM

If button had raised after NEVER having raised before then I would fold 77.

The 41/0 button is probably going to call 2-cold with many different holdings.
I don't think anyone is arguing the contrary about this guy.
He's loose and plays a lot of hands...and generally doesn't care whether it's been raised or not most likely. He just plays (and doesn't raise...Hey...I rhymed).

12-11-2005 01:05 AM

Noone is 3-betting 4 handed?

Stinkybeaver 12-11-2005 01:12 AM

With better reads I'm keen on making it 3.

I agree with the spicy moose that this is a clearcut call.

TO OP: Why play 4handed without keen reads.? Do you prefer 4-handed over 5-6 handed. IMO it's easier to play 5-6 handed and 4-handed will be have greater swings. Also the lags will be playing more correctly in a 4 handed game.

MicroBob 12-11-2005 01:17 AM

He's got position on a 41/0 guy.
I would certainly stay in this game even at 4-handed and without reads on the others.

jrbick 12-11-2005 04:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you think you can't play this hand against a raise 4 handed, then you probably should find a different game.

[/ QUOTE ]

no you're right. I forgot that this was only 4 handed. What you say makes more sense now. Is this any different w/ 6 ppl?

Question about post-flop though: If the flop comes two paint how do you play? Even if it comes 1 paint and CO calls your flop bet, how do you play the turn? I won't go on to list out all of the scenarios but I'm just curious if I play to weak on the turn if I 3 bet preflop here.

(I bet the turn if I get a flop call w/ 1 paint and fold to a raise... if he calls the turn again then I effing hate myself and check the river... if I get a call on the flop w/ two paint I check the turn)

Alexthegreat 12-11-2005 05:03 AM

Postflop it's tough to say....I usually just bet until I get raised against an unknown....With any reads it obviously depends....

I am a good hand reader, so I can 3bet and feel confident about however I am gonna play it postflop...If you aren't such a good hand reader, then you may want to just call and play for a set/undercard type flop....

jrbick 12-11-2005 05:10 AM

I think my biggest problem is having the discipline to fold. Some spots are more obvious than others. Certain players are easier to do this against than others.

I have been using that same mentality of bet until someone shows aggression... are you folding easily on the river for 1 more bet (obviously depends on players and texture, but...)?

PokerBob 12-11-2005 05:41 AM

my thoughts

UTG is unknown. button is 41/0 on 50 hands.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 4 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Button calls, hero folds

I basically look at the SB as cold calling OOP. Is this a hand im happy with vs. 2 players OOP? No. IMO this call is simple OTB, but OOP it may not be worth the headache considering the position, rake, field....