Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Multi-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   PCA DSO Hand - 5 left - Do I make the call? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=370376)

Jurollo 11-02-2005 02:00 PM

Re: PCA DSO Hand - 5 left - Do I make the call?

[ QUOTE ]
The open push makes me lean toward QQ-88, AK, AQ as his range, with 99, 88, AQ slightly less likely.

Given that there's still some play left in the level and that CO might wake up with a hand good enough to come along for a three-way allin, I would fold TT and AQ.

AK, JJ-AA

[/ QUOTE ]

With an open push and a short stack I think his conceivable range could be Any PP - AK-AT, KQ
~Justin

Roman 11-02-2005 02:01 PM

KQ for an almost 12x shove UTG? thats a stretch dont you think?

Jurollo 11-02-2005 02:02 PM

Meant to have an 's' next to it. Depending on the player I think it is def possible.
~Justin

Roman 11-02-2005 02:05 PM

if he didnt say play has tightened up id prolly agree... but as it stands, I think its a mistake to include that in his range.

whynot? 11-02-2005 02:13 PM

so first thing to answer is the range you put him on - if he opened and pushed utg its a good hand but not necessarily one of the top - think you can count out aa, kk. could see him pushing with any pocket pari 7s and up and ak through aj. My gut says this feels like a TT or JJ push.

so to call id need TT or higher, ak or aq s

SossMan 11-02-2005 02:16 PM

I just did a huge analysis w/ manual pokerstove calculations vs. various ranges and the session fuking expired and I lost it all. Goddamn i am so pissed.

Here's the jist:

I gave him a tight range: AA-99, AK, AQ, AJs, KQs (discounting 99 by 1/2)
and it was pretty clear that your calling range is AA-JJ, AK.

I gave him a medium tight range of: AA-99, AK-AJ, KQ and it looks like that calling w/ TT and AQ would be maringaly +ev, but you should probably still fold due to table circumstances (better player, stealing blinds, players left to act, etc...)

I then gave him what I would call a 'reasonable' range that might be looser than what you had him on: AA-66, AK-AJ, KQ and you should now definitely call w/ TT and AQ.

So, choose your range.

Ben5505 11-02-2005 02:18 PM

UTG has slightly over 11 BB's. Raising 3-4 times the BB is just pointless in this situaton. I think his range is much better than some of you are giving him credit for. IMO he could make this push easy with AKs JJ-AA. Without a pair im not calling with anything less than unless he has been doing this frequently, but hero said he hadnt seen him open like this UTG yet. I give villain a little more credit.

Ben5505 11-02-2005 02:19 PM

Without anything less than AK unless I have a pair of nines or better. Sorry left that part out of the above post.

Exitonly 11-02-2005 02:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
(discounting 99 by 1/2)

[/ QUOTE ]

how'd you do that on Pokerstove? just make a 9 a dead card?

SossMan 11-02-2005 02:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
(discounting 99 by 1/2)

[/ QUOTE ]

how'd you do that on Pokerstove? just make a 9 a dead card?

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't have pokerstove, i do all the math in my head.
<font color="white"> just kidding, i set up a quick excel spreadsheet </font>